1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Dave...

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I gotta be in lower Manhattan next week. Fly in to Newark or JFK?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

ugg! they both suck for various reasons.

which Dave? :D

3. Hyperdyne

Diablo Chihuahua..

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

What airline do you fly?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is there a new, convenient rail system from JFK to downtown Manhattan that I haven't heard of?

6. Hyperdyne

Normally American or United.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

A few years back they built an AirTrain that runs from the terminals at JFK to Jamaica Station (LIRR) and the subway. So much better than the old A train to Howard Beach and the 1/2 hour bus ride to the terminals.

9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Of the two, I'd choose Newark. Faster to lower Manhattan by cab / uber-lyft or by train.

You can take the Airtrain from the terminals to the NJT/Amtrak station, then either ride to Penn Station in midtown or get off in Newark and take the Path to lower Manhattan.

10. Eight Screws

Eight Screws Well-Known Member

I do American into JFK, then the Air Train up to Sutphin and E line into Manhattan, should be a stop relatively close to where you need to be
    You can also do the LIRR into Union Station from there

It’s relatively painless, Subway sucks with luggage but you can deal with it

11. ton

ton Arf!

i've got a full day layover in JFK end of next month and want to meet some friends in Manhattan for a few hours. are there lockers or anyplace to store luggage at JFK to avoid having to haul it around on the subways?

i lived in Jerz for awhile, so i'm at least comfortable with the mass transit part...

12. Hyperdyne

I'll try the trains when I have more time. Uber will probably be the best bet

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I remember having to catch a damn city bus the last time I tried to take a train/subway into Manhattan. That might have been the time I pretty much decided I was never going back to JFK. One too many lousy experiences. I switched to Newark until I moved out of the area.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

For me, the train from DC to NYC is easier. I gave up trying to fly there.
    If I had to choose I'd go Newark. It's old, dark and smells like a NYC peep show but it's less of a hassle than JFK.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Avoid Newark at all costs

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:D

17. Hyperdyne

These opinions are as consistent as a North Central weather forecast.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

La Guardia and Delta FTW

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm sure this has been real helpful. :crackup:

beac83 likes this.