1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pitt Race 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by DBConz, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I don't like it either but it makes a lot of sense from a business standpoint- they're rewarding those who sign up ahead of time and "members" who are more likely to do their TD's with them as they are "invested". Most of them seem to ride/race themselves, so pre-entry maximizes their track time as well. Heavy incentives to pre-enter also help ensure they don't end up in the red when turnout sucks (like our beloved WERA sometimes does...which helped to nearly kill off Endurance)

Wheel Bearing and DucatiBomber like this.
  2. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

how much is the endurance race? i'm guessing $400-$500 per team?

didnt realize the track was that expensive to rent in comparison to all the others. and whoever posted about CMP, $1 is too much for that place.

3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i had to do that 3x at Blackhawk Farms because there wasnt a Friday practice day. i dont recommend it. :crackup:

4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Endurance is 496, or 525 for post entry. Two different prices for the same thing!

5. jkraft

jkraft Well-Known Member

Anyone have on track video footage for Pitt Race full course?

6. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I'll give you a tow around sometime.

:p

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

In two words: cash flow.

5axis likes this.
  8. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    TLR67 likes this.
  9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You should email them and tell them they need to form their business model just to suit your needs, because it's all about you.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Looks like a Blast of a track...need to get up there for sure.

11. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

For whatever it’s worth, the price is worth it because it’s a great track and N2 is a great TD organization. Pittrace is a tough track to learn with many blind turns and elevation so suck it up and enjoy the experience. You will get 20 min every hour so you can wear yourself out doing every session. The exp/racer group guys with N2 are quick so lots of guys to show you the lines.

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Not all about me. There are plenty of people who have jobs that prevent them from preregistering for an event weeks out due to travel uncertainty ect. I've never pre registered for races either for that same reason. I'll still pay it but i reserve the right to dislike it. Maybe you're rich and don't mind paying more but not everyone is.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  13. Wheel Bearing

A true tie for me between PittRace and Barber as my #1 fav track, with probably the nudge going to PittRace, simply because of the longer track and elevation changes. But it's

TLR67 likes this.
  14. Wheel Bearing

N2 offers the Elite membership which allows cancellation of the track day up to the morning of the event, along with no late registration fee. So if you do more than a couple TD's a year, it's a no brainer for the exact reasons you mention. Your situation is the exception, not the norm.

But like I said originally, it's all about you.

Don't forget to complain about having to bring your gear to tech inspection on Friday, because you didn't know, because you didn't bother to read the rule book before hand. :D

TLR67 likes this.
  15. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Sent a link, not very fast but a look at the track.

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Pit Race (Beaver Run) used to be like a mini barber, now i imagine it is much better. Hopefully i'll get there this year to try it out along with the new and improved Nelson(s).

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, because you act like a douche bitching about it rather than stating your opinion like an adult. Granted it's SOP enough for you that I have taken notice of it but doesn't change what it is. You come off like a little kid looking for attention by trying to be a big bad asshole.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, the tiers make perfect sense if you stop and look at them. Rewarding loyalty is important for a business.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So because you can't plan ahead and get your money to the org who has bills prior to getting to the track you don't get the discount those who can plan ahead get. You're not paying more, they're getting discount for giving their money to the org sooner.

rugbymook, Rdrace42 and Wheel Bearing like this.
  20. WERA552

WERA552 Master Brake Oil Spiller!

I'm trying to get to Pitt for the first time next month. Looks like a great facility and is relatively close to home. I'll be on a SB-SV and am looking at LWT SB, HWT SB, F2 and maybe MW Senior SB. I've read the class rules but do those sound about right?

Ted