1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pitt Race 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by DBConz, Apr 23, 2019.

1. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

looking to ride their for the first time. i'm guessing there's an N2 track day on friday for race practice. does anyone know if they do a discounted rate for race practice, or is that only for memberships?

Mongo question: when does the tentative schedule generally come out?

2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Yes there is a N2 track day on that Friday. No discount for race practice, it's ran as a normal track day and the normal track day rates (Not a member, member, elite member prices) apply.

3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

so that $235 price i'm seeing on the website? i hope it includes a reach around or a happy ending :eek:

021torch likes this.
  4. Wheel Bearing

You should rent the track yourself and run the day so you can do it cheaper. :D

cav115, rugbymook, Nick_OMC and 5 others like this.
  5. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Correction, it’s $255 for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For as much as the track costs to rent and staff that is cheap.

I'll have a schedule up a month or so out unless I forget :D

Last years schedule is still on the site, shouldn't be any changes to times or the like although sprint race order might change.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If you haven't been to the track, bite the bullet and sign up for the track day. DO NOT expect to show up the morning of the TD and get a spot.

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  8. Wheel Bearing

You could not ride at all for free, but good luck trying to learn the track enough to run a respectable race pace in about 5-7 laps total...which is all you're gonna get out of the two morning practice sessions with WERA.

9. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Yea I get it. Pay to play. I didn’t think it would be this close to the rates that Daytona and Road America cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Whole track gets pricey. That's why we can't go there other than with N2 once a year. Our entry fees and the number of racers in the area won't pay the bills. We'd have to up them a good 30-50% and still pray for good weather and so on.

11. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

The track and facilities are really pretty awesome. I agree that it's pricey for a day, but if you can find a better taken care of track surface than at Pitt I'd be surprised. The actual layout of the track is super fun as well.

ineedanap and JBall like this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That price is right in line with barber and road Atlanta..
    Hell it's not much more than CMP in you aren't a member of n2 and don't pre entee that coast me 210$ a few weeks again

13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The 3 tier pricing system is fucking lame. Do they run the TD like normal (nov, int, exp) days w no race weekend or is it in groups like normal sat/sun morning practice?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Serious question - Why do you always feel the need to be a douche?

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

It's run like a normal 3 group TD (because it is). That, and the price does suck for us racers...but since N2 is subsidizing/partnering an endurance race that probably wouldn't happen otherwise be thankful or stay home. If you're on an endurance team you can split the practice day cost with team members (on one bike). If you're just running sprints, the cost justification is up to you.

Wheel Bearing and yokohama1 like this.
  16. cpettit

Because i think it's dumb to have 3 different prices for the same product?

17. cpettit

I'd pay it and ride but to have 3 different prices for everyone there is lame. If a racer has no intention of doing TD's other than pre race practice they are penalized monetarily.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Three? You should look at airline tickets.

craig641 and badmoon692008 like this.
  19. cpettit

I fly alot, believe me there should be people hung for that mess.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

They tried, but the fucker skip lagged on his way to the gallows