1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“Easter Worshippers”

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 22, 2019.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You can learn anything on Youtube so please get busy with the device :D

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Christ would have gone to Temple.

stk0308 and tjnyzf like this.
  3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

The vast majority of mass shootings in the US have been by non-Muslims. Then there are the tens of thousands our bombs have killed in the Middle East (terrorists but also many non-terrorists). On 9/11 we lost approx 3k Americans. The ongoing war since has caused the death of roughly another 10k US servicepeople. From the persepective of a relative of an innocent family blown to pieces the US has blood on our hands. From the perspective of many US citizens, too bad so sad. I'm asking about numerical facts to back up your statement implying Muslims are killing more Christians than Christians killing Muslims.

4. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Before you say there was no such thing as church when Jesus walked the earth, the english word "church" is the translation of the greek word "ekkalsia", meaning assembly or congregation. The Hebrew synagouge is where Jesus went to "Church". There is at least 10 mentions of Jesus entering a synagouge in the Gospels during his 3 years of ministy, so at least 3 times a year on average though more likely than that. LOL!

Of course it's possible to be Christ like in other locations than Church and dare I say much more important. Jesus said people will know you are his disciple becuase you love one another not becuase you go to Church. Being Christ like in Church doesn't really accomplish much to change the world. But that only reinforces my notion that going to Church on Easter does not make one a Christian.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

For the purpose of this discussion, I think what matters is who has done the most killing in the name of religion. A lot of what you're listing doesn't quite qualify.

That said, looking at cumulative numbers, you still have a lot of ammunition on your side.

50Joe likes this.
  6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Then I would run out of maple and the roads would get potholed to much, and gas someone needs to refine it.... you are temporarily safe.

7. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Since GW claimed he was acting on behalf of God and claimed that God ordained him to lead our nation and he professed to be a Christian, then you could rightly argue every military act under his presidency was in the name of Christianity, no?

50Joe likes this.
  8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Muslims kill often and consistently in the name of their religion. Christians seldom do the same. Any attempt to label American military action as attributable to religious ideology is purely disingenuous, but then I suspect that you already know that. If you removed Islam from the world, killing in the name of God would diminish. If you removed Christianity from the world, there would be no such result. It is entirely possible, and even probable, that people would simply find new and better reasons to kill each other, but that is outside the immediate scope of this discussion.

9. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Isn't capital punishment a Biblically (OT) inspired idea?

10. nigel smith

In the grand sweep of time, Christianity has a lot of blood on its hands. The religion, however, has evolved. Islam has not.

11. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Nope.

12. nigel smith

I'm pretty sure that the concept pre-dates Christianity by a considerable margin.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm neither a Christian nor a fan of GW but I think that's a bit of a stretch.

When it was 1400 years old, it wasn't great. :D

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In context of the rest of "civilization" at the time they were about par for the course.

15. nigel smith

A bit? If by a bit you mean a Torquemada cranking the handle on the rack kind of stretch, then yes.

16. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

I meant as a American idea it was inspired by Biblical principles and continues to be supported fervently by many (not all) Bible believing Christians.

17. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Does it predate Moses or Noah?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nah..the Hittites, Sumerians and Gazerians were all about incense and hemp.

19. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Did GW send troops to war that killed others?
    Did GW not say that he was ordained by God to lead the nation and profess to be a Christian?
    How would that not be construed as war in the name of God or Christianity? I'm not arguing that GW was actually ordained by God or that his actions were even justified, just saying that it could be argued any act of war under his leading could be construed as being in the name of Christianity. Doesn't make it true or justified, just as any act of terror that is done in the name of Islam.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

One could so construe, but I think that a rational person would see a difference between US soldiers and Islamist screaming Allah Akbar before pushing the button on an IED.

tjnyzf and XFBO like this.