1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1600 horsepower!

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Apr 21, 2019.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I just got home from the NY Auto Show @ the Javitz....can we just talk about this car for a sec?

[​IMG]

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Looks like that kit abortion from "Full Custom Garage".
    But, no...
    Koenigsegg, the King's jizz...
    Color is appropriate. Someone will shoot that load all over the road, er, ditch. :D

crashman likes this.
  3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Too many wheels

dieterly and SuddenBraking like this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

how was the show??

5. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Honestly, I think it's getting worse. I've noticed that less and less mfg.'s are showing up. There's was no Ferrari/Lambo/McLaren/BMW....to name a few.

There were 2 Koenigsegg's, a Rimac, a Glickenhaus, a Bugatti Chiron, and 2 Lambos....none of which were there from the actual manufacturers, all on display for a local exotic motorcar company.

7. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Let Richard Hammond race it...

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Economics of auto shows don't make sense anymore. They will keep shrinking, and only a handful will survive. Manufacturers are turning to different kinds of events to reveal their cars.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Kones n eggs makes some outrageous cars. Which have never been head to head with any manufacturer in a controlled review. If that matters. Christian keeps a tight reign on the press.

10. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

The New York auto show used to be like the rites of spring annual event for my brothers and I with our Dad throughout the mid 80's to early 90's. Grabbing breakfast at the Palisades diner and then taking the Ferry across. Sitting in all the Porsches, getting auto posters, checking out the supermodel like girls.

11. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

The whole show season is being changed around for 2020. Detroit will now open in late summer / early fall rather than January. All the other shows are being reshuffled as a result. Many companies skipped the later shows this year due to that change.

12. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Wouldn't be surprised if they changed it to where there was only 1 or 2 actual showing off car shows, and the rest were local dealer-ran shows for people to do car shopping.

13. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

1600 on E85, 1280 on regular pump gas. What's impressive about the engine is it's an underbore V8 that redlines at 8,500RPM.

I'm more impressed with the transmission, it looks like there's a clutch for each gear so you engage and disengage any gear at the same time allowing seamless shifts from any gear i.e. 9th direct to 4th. No need to bang down through 5 gears to get the most drive like a sequential, and because each gear has a clutch you're not depending on the computer to preselect a gear for you just to guess wrong like a dual clutch set up.

Light Speed Transmission (LST)
    The Koenigsegg Jesko features an all-new 9-speed, multi-clutch transmission – the second transmission to be 100% designed and built in-house at Koenigsegg, following the Direct Drive system designed for the Regera.

The Koenigsegg Light Speed Transmission (LST) represents a scale of evolution not seen since the development of modern dual-clutch technology at the turn of the century.

LST comprises nine forward gears and several wet, multidisc clutches in a compact, ultra-light package. The LST is capable of upward and downward gear changes between gears at near light speed thanks to the simultaneous opening and closing of clutches that allows for totally seamless acceleration/deceleration.

That LST gear changes can occur in virtually zero time between adjacent gears is impressive.

What takes LST from impressive to evolutionary, however, is that these shift-time benefits apply when changing between ANY forward gears.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

There was a Rimac there too lol

15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

The Triplex suspension in front and rear is pretty cool... they really do some amazing engineering there.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

No BMW, guess I'll stay home. I think the Nissan GT-R display was supposed to be cool, but there's nothing else there that's wow. I really liked seeing the BMW display.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Topgear posted "How to build a 300mph Jesko" recently. It's one of the better factory tour vids I've seen.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They had that prototype GT-R50 there.....that thing was jizz worthy.

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You mean ugly as hell with those colors picked out by my 4-year-old. :Puke:

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

As with so many things in the auto and bike world, pictures don't do it real world justice. I'm not crazy about the colors but it looks much better in real life.

[​IMG]

BigBird and Steeltoe like this.