1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new Climate Lunatics. London.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I actually don't know what her accent sounds like other than maybe squeaky. I really haven't been able to listen to her speak for longer than a sentence or two tops.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I encourage her to speak loudly and often, but I can't stand hearing her. Like, you know, like, umm, ok...so we're like totally not going to be here in 12 years unless like we totally stop burning fuel and get rid of cow farts. Ya know? Like, we're all gonna die and that's like totally more important than money or like Amazon or anything really. You know? Like carbon is like gag me with a spoon. Like totally gag me right?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, I was going for half valley girl half stoner hippie. Didn't realize that's how she spoke :D

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was the main reason it got so much attention. French government was in crisis mode trying to shield the top of the pyramid.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well I did my part.

Had the woodchipper running for two hours yesterday and two hours today, plus about 20 minutes of chainsaw to boot.

Thanks for the fossil fuels, dinosaurs! :beer:

crashman and G 97 like this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh that's just the tip. Add in all the diesel fuel and fertilizer and the equipment manufacturing.
    But I still want my carbon credits

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This.

I 'accidentally' sprayed one of them in the chest & face with a 1 1/2" fire hose at the end of pier 10 at Naval Submarine Support Facility New London in 1988 or 89.

I swear I was aiming for the rubber dingy they were in... but 125 PSI from even a 1 1/2" hose generates a shitload of lift on the nozzle for an inexperienced wielder! :D

All they really wanted to do was dump some green paint on the nuclear wessels... I think we should've let them.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You sprayed an earth first hippy in the face with a 1 1/2" fire hose? Even if it wasn't on purpose (yeah right), I like you a bit more after learning that. :D

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Mitterrand. What a corrupt bastard he was.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:D

11. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

And then gone after the organization in a civil suit to redo a milspec coating that surely wasn't just rattle can Rustoleum? Brilliant!

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

They are still at it. 1,000 arrests now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You probably knocked 2 years of patchouli stench off of that person. The whole group probably could have used a rinse...

auminer likes this.
  14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

They should burn the hippies to make electricity. I mean, it's an organic fuel source and we would have less whiny bitches in the world - win/win!

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Spotted Chekov's gun did you? :crackup:

16. kangasj

kangasj Banned

de Blasio is going full on stupid.....well, continuing to go full on stupid.

"We’re going to ban the classic glass and steel skyscrapers, which are incredibly inefficient."
    “If you don’t do it by 2030 there will be serious fines, as high as $1 million or more for the biggest buildings.”

In the same conversation that he was touting renewable energy and reducing emissions, de Blasio also defended his use of a gas-guzzling SUV for his daily 11-mile trips from Gracie Mansion to his Brooklyn gym.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...l-ban-inefficient-steel-and-glass-skyscrapers

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So, what kind of skyscrapers are efficient?

So all buildings have to cut emissions by 30%? That makes no sense. If you spent a bunch of money up front making a really clean efficient building now they force you to try to spend a fortune trying to make it 30% more efficient? The next building over was thrown up as cheaply as possible, and it will cost them next to nothing to make it 30% more efficient. Heck if I was building or renovating a building there now, I would intentionally design in an inefficiency that was cheap and easy to get a 30% improvement on and wait until the law hits to "fix" it.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He won't be anywhere near there in 2030 so it's smoke and mirrors.

19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Pelosi has been in congress for 30 something years. Do not underestimate the stupid.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Congress is different than Mayor of NYC tho.