1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making America Great

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Apr 13, 2019.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A generalization isn't truth.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Here we go with this shit again. You can't make your own argument so you're just going to ridicule me. Fuck you man.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have made my arguments, you keep changing the conversation to fit your conclusion and that is what I'm ridiculing :crackup:

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, again, I'm not. I'm continuing with the discussion and you're unable to follow.

I don't know why I even bother getting on here anymore. 13 fucking years and it's the same stupid shit from the same stupid people. You stand there oblivious of your own ignorance, sure that whatever opinion you have is absolute and argue and ridicule in the face of fact after fact. And when that fails, the personal attacks start.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, yeah, you haven't posted facts other than the stats we agree are true. You have in the meantime changed what a two parent household really is :crackup:

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Nobody in there right mind every considered "two parent household" to mean anything but two involved parents. No good kids are coming out of a house with two alcoholic, abusive parents just because there are technically two parents in there.

It's like you guys will grasp on to any little toehold and dig in just to be dicks. What do they call that?

oh yeah
    [​IMG]

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So wait - you keep going on about statistics with regard to two parent households. Those statistics merely look at the number of parents not how involved they are. Then you change it to involved parents and you don't see that there is a difference?

:crackup:

This ain't remotely trolling. You're totally insane today. Just curious - what do you think 2 + 2 equals?

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s not been a good day

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

There can be many levels to statistics as I said earlier. The underlying reasons why a 2 parent household produces better outcomes on the average can be for several reasons. You can argue the validity of each until the cows come home but IN GENERAL the facts are what they are. The ongoing destruction of the nuclear family is not a good thing and of course there will be exceptions.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes. I believe it really got going with the welfare programs in the 60’s. Prior to that, there was at least a financial reason to have both parents. With the government being daddy, now you’ve got kids running wild, and dudes out banging all over town making even more bastard children who are going to grow up and repeat the same process themselves.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry to hear that, seriously.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't totally disagree but society can adapt to the new reality and move on no problem too.

13. Motofun352

Welfare and women's lib, too. Used to be one income was sufficient for a middle income family, now 2 are required. No real advantage from a purchasing power but the family structure took a hit. Not denying the whole women's rights thing...just the way it was vs the way it is.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

*ahem*

YOU'RE

:Poke:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Used to be small houses and one car and no cable bill or cell phone bill or video games and such was sufficient. If people lived within their means one income could still be sufficient.

Yzasserina and R Acree like this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Plenty of time to do homework, if one was so inclined.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Freaky ain't it?

R Acree likes this.
  18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I was somewhat deficient in the inclination department. I wonder what I did with all that time? Alas, I am now somewhat deficient in the memory department, and couldn't tell you.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I played outside some but mostly read books. Did that outside a lot too. Even when we did have cable.

20. Motofun352

I remember when my Dad bought our first second car. In 1962 we got our '48 Plymouth business coupe. The thing had horse hair in the seats, still remember that particular aroma. Dad carried about 600 lbs of tools in the trunk. He still managed to support a wife and 4 kids. It wasn't living the dream, in hind sight, but we never wanted for anything...always considered ourselves middle class if we even thought about it.