1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey plumbers......pex pipe failures???

Discussion in 'General' started by XFBO, Apr 19, 2019.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It's fast for sure. Plus you burn yourself a lot less.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Truth.

3. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

I teach install of medical washers and sterilizers and 90% of what's installed is with pro press. If it's done right there aren't any problems that i've heard. I also teach soldering because you have facilities where they don't want pro press..

4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The water in my area turns copper to eggshells in record time. When your utility bills inexplicably increase and your concrete kitchen floor is strangely warm, it's time to be concerned. I have used PEX since it first became readily available. While I can't say that I have had zero failures, it has proven to be by far the most dependable choice for my rental homes and renovations.

5. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

Was that section of pipe exposed to an UV rays? That pic looks like UV damage. If so replace with that section with copper, you can use sharkbite fittings to join the pex to copper.

XFBO likes this.
  6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Not direct sunlight if that's what you're asking, this particular section was the hot water leg at the top of my HWH in the garage. Since there was no shut off valve I just put one in place after cutting out that pinhole.