1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new Climate Lunatics. London.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Apr 19, 2019.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yes and no. I also wonder about the difference in measurements for the CO2 from the ice cores verses the actual, the graph looks scary tho. I hit onto a twitter thread between some known scientists debating the peer review and it was almost comical. Still very interesting for a nerd like me to read.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree it's interesting and I'll get on a tear and read up on it. All I keep being able to conclude is they don't know at all what is truly accurate and they sure as hell don't know what is going to happen :crackup:

I do think it's funny too, I don't blame mankind for large scale climate change yet I also absolutely support cutting back on all sorts of pollution. For some reason the zealots think I can't do both :D

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I think there is an impact, the dying coral reefs is good indicator of the warming of the oceans. The problem is they have warmed before the industrial age and have made a comeback. Cutting CO2 emissions can't hurt but it has to be global to have any effect. The company in the BC that has scavenged CO2 from the atmosphere and created a fuel should be investigated. The problem is they extends the fossil fuel era and this is not acceptable by the zealots.

https://carbonengineering.com

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh I totally agree things are warming. The question is it due solely to man and industry or a natural cycle.

The global part is absolutely true. Which is why the protests about the US and UK and event a huge chunk of Europe are beyond stupid :D

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

"Most of these climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives."
    Or changes in solar output which would dwarf perturbations in our orbit.
    "The Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets have decreased in mass."
    https://www.skepticalscience.com/antarctica-gaining-ice-intermediate.htm
    I have also things that question the decrease of Greenland. Certainly open to debate. NASA has internal disagreement on global warming also.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the internet, has to be 100% true. :D

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I believe that the French version of James Bond blew a hole in their ship in New Zealand, causing it to sink in the harbor. The incident also caused a bit of an international outcry, as well as global amusement.

8. nigel smith

Thus the enduring popularity of this very forum.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good point.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good point.

11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Must have been doubly so...:D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The fun of posting through a cell connection :D

13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

484% rate of return and someone thought it real :crackup:

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yep, it was pretty funny to the family of the photographer who died.

16. nigel smith

I was unaware of any fatalities. I will say that my opinion of Greenpeace took a precipitous plunge when, in the course of my military service, my attempt to deal with them courteously and professionally was met with hostility and obscenity. You don't win friends by treating them as enemies.

17. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Ocean covers 71 percent of the earths surface. The average depth of the oceans is 12,100 feet or 1.7 miles. It represents 99% of living area on earth or earth's atmosphere . . . . .If every human alive where to stand shoulder to shoulder without touching each other scientists estimate they could fit inside the confines of NYC........... On a more local level with personal experience I work every winter at a ski resort. Snowmaking makes snow on tiny ribbons on the north facing side of mountains. The system pumps 8000 gallons of water and compressed air every minute with tanker after tanker of diesel fuel for two months with nature's help to get this done. In comparison Mother Nature could come in and blanket the Northest from Washington to the top of New Brunswick with 2 feet of snow in a day. To think that we can actually change climate except in small localized areas I think is impossible. Nature controls weather. It does it with oceans.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But like humans are like evil and like hurting mother earth man!

crashman and lrrs517 like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Corn farmers should receive carbon credits for helping the environment by turning that nasty co2 into o2. :) they are saving the planet.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but it's more than offset by forcing us to run ethanol.

21. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

I LOL with the "like" and "like". Can you add some AOC accent to it.