1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawi takes aim at the V4 in 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by YZROOSTINYA, Apr 19, 2019.

1. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That sucks. More homologation specials in a segment that is already hosed at the dealership. Wrong direction with all of this imo. Also fuck Ducati.

tdelegram, 23103a, BigBird and 3 others like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Is Kawi giving too much credit to the bike and not enough to the rider?

Odilup, sbk1198, ducnut and 2 others like this.
  4. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I think so..we’ll see how Redding does this weekend; I think that will be somewhat of a gauge for this argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phl218 likes this.
  5. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

It's the bike and the rider, Kawasaki had the right combo, now Ducati does. Kawi needs to improve the bike.

BigBird, ducnut and Phl218 like this.
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Agreed...if it was just the bike, Chaz would be dualing with Alvaro for wins.

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure this is where @Johnny B shows up :crackup:

8. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Chaz would probably be running second if not for injuries and surgery over the winter.

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I'll need you to help me out with a link before I can unsheath the bitch pop.

10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

This. It’s all killing the series even faster.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

....and Laverty and MRR?

12. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Kawi cant build a motogp bike.

Can someone explain the difference between Kyle Wymans Duc and Bautistas? The technology is interesting but it does come with a price tag.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Kyle says he's running a stock motor w/ an SC Project exhaust. No internal motor work, I'd imagine the Bautista's bike has different cams and porting and head work. Kyle says they haven't even dyno tune the bike, just put a generic Akra map on it to get it close. He said up until now he's also been running the OEM electronics. He posted pics on his IG yesterday they he just received some MM hardware to install and start sorting out. As far as the chassis goes I'm not sure. He mentioned he's running the Ohlins forks from his R1 SBK in 2018 on the Ducati, not sure what kind of clamps/rake/trail/offset he's working with. I'd imagine it would be helpful for Ducati Corse to help with some ballpark suggestions on chassis geometry...although I'm guessing they have very little if any data on US Dunlop slicks, I'm sure all of what they have to offer is on Pirelli's. I'm also guessing Bautista's running a works swingarm of some sort and Kyle is still working with the stocker.

ajcjr likes this.
  14. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Cool thanks, learn something new every day, never knew you could swap forks from one manufacturer to the other.

15. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

They just have to fit in the triples. He also had/has SBK forks (ohlins outer tubes) so my guess is they can be changed internally for length or with fork extenders.

You can put any fork in any bike if you have the correct triple/tube diameter. It may or may not be ideal though.

ajcjr and BigBird like this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

17. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

And I'd assume either a different fork bottom for the proper spacing/front fender/wheel speed sensor location.

18. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That very same article was posted and discussed 24 hours earlier in the Bautista win count thread before a new thread was started today.

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Could not agree more.

WSBK needs to be as close to stock, attainable bikes as safely possible in order to be unique from MotoGP. I have no interest in MotoGP-lite bikes.

Set a price limit of $20k USD or Euro, allow only bodywork, clip-ons, tunes, rearset and full exhaust modifications and let the best manufacturer win. More unobtanium $50K homogolation specials is not what this segment needs.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They have a price cap. $40k iirc.