1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap game of thrones!!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jun 3, 2013.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Isn't the Night King a Targareyn?

2. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I don't think Bran is the Night King but is connected to him now that he is the Raven. He just doesn't fully understand it yet. Interesting theory on the 4th dragon but where has it been hiding? It will be interesting to see who survives. I don't think there will be a clear cut ruler in the end. Cersi has to go. I am hoping the Hound and Arya team up at the end. Mountain goes down in front of Cersi and then Arya finishes her off. Back when Arya was at the theater she mentions going west of Westeros, I don't think she becomes Queen. Jon gets the Iron Throne because he never wanted it or any leadership position but he keeps getting them. Sam is his hand and Jon retains a dragon. He pulls some crazy move with fire at the end to wipe out the White Walkers and pretty much everyone else dies.

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

There are better theories that the Night King is an ancient Stark.

Out of all the reunions on S8E1, the one I wanted to see which never happened was Little Bear Lyanna Mormont and (her uncle??) Ser Jorah.

From what I have been hearing from the show runners, the Great War will take place in Episode 3. That leaves 3 fall out episodes, if the battle only takes place in a single episode.

But with the build-up, what....9 years worth, this battle should eclipse all the ones in LOTR combined.

4. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

So much division going on, families interested only in "their own", despite all the evidence that they face a threat that none can handle on their own. Lyanna Mormont wasted no time in sowing seeds of ill will towards Jon/Aegon and Danarys. Sansa and Arya are adding to that, creating a dangerous atmosphere with the Northerners. Sam Tarley is all too happy to create a wedge between Jon/Aegon and Danarys now that she told him the fate of his father and brother.

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Latest theory is that Jamie is the Prince that was Promised and will defeat the Night King.

I still think Cersei makes it through the series.

6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

So Bran, being the most important person right now, will only be guarded by Theon?

7. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

What if the battle with the White Walkers isn't the major battle? They hinted at Cersi's Army last night being 20,000+. Call me old school could have done without the Arya sex scene, isn't she like 15 in the show? The best part was the knighting, she deserves it more than any other character in the show.

XFBO and DrA5 like this.
  8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I suspect the Arya scene comes into play through a pregnancy and throne claim ... maybe? But you might be on to something on the battle. I had that same discussion with my wife while we were watching it. If next week is the Great War, that leaves an awful lot of time to play out other scenarios. Totally agree on the knighting. The fire scenes in general won the show last night.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Boom!

casjoker likes this.
  10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

<golf clap> .. That was like a weather man saying a tornado is coming and predicting rain would come with it.

:D

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Aren't there dry tornadoes? :moon:

12. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

13. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I'm more intrigued by the attention Sansa is showing Theon now.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Are we SURE this is the last season?? Seems like a spin off or survival series could be made if the walkers won....

15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

They are making a "prequel" series that covers events that happened hundreds (thousands?) of years prior to the current timeline.

16. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Theon and the Iron Born I think.

stk0308 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, where's Melisandre?

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Is she the red woman? I watched every episode but can’t remember what happened to her or where she went

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

She's supposed to die in Westeros just like Varys based on their chat on Dragon Stone.

And John said he'd kill her if he ever saw her again.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I vaguely remember her telling Varys where she was going. That was around the time Jon met Daenerys.