1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Braunschweiger

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Apr 18, 2019.

?

Braunschweiger

1. Food for men

51.1%
  2. OK

15.6%
  3. GTFO

33.3%
  1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

No. Peas, lima beans and Brussels sprouts are the worst...and German pickles.
    Frickin' Germans don't even like their version of our pickles that go on their McD's burgers. Walk by any McD in Germany and find the pickles that get picked off the burgers tossed/spit all over the sidewalk. :crackup:

2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

You (and @Phl218 for liking your post) are dead to me. I don’t even need a map. :mad:

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What does that mean?

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Common misconception, braunschweiger here is usually smoked and contains bacon, liverwurst does not contain bacon and is not smoked.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

6. Mettwurst is German :D

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

:crackup:

Love the hate

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Rouladen...food of the gods. We stayed with a family in Kiel one weekend and the woman of the house started cooking her rouladen two days before we got there. To this day the best food I've ever put in my mouth. Her goulash zuppa was second:D

Phl218 likes this.
  9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

German food as best ever in mouth does not compute. I may need to make this Rouladen stuff. I like beef, mustard and pickles a lot.
    I can say that for me, Mettwurst is no substitute for Salchichon...

10. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! But then again I’m of Cherman extraction, and that was on the lunchtime sandwich rotation when I was a kid. Good. But don’t see it much in Alaska.

11. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Monsanto cares.

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Is this German for the fermented goat's feces the Krauts are so fond of ? :D

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

When we visit Oma (always in June) , that lady at age 92 makes Rouladen for us. she lives 10 min from the Stuttgart airport. so we fly ATL-STR, leaving 5.40 PM and landing there 8AM . be at Oma's at 10AM, after having a coffee, the rental car and everything. well, she will be cooking Rouladen all morning, so 11AM is time for lunch. and a beer. and Kartoffelknödel (Potato dumplings) and Red Cabbage. So after the third or fourth Roulade, the 5th Knödel and the second beer, i typically remind myself that my body is still working on EDT and it's not even 6AM :D
    This is how my 2 weeks of Germany visit typically start and they don't get much better.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Mettwurst is a mistake. ...

i've eaten it before, but just like Kutteln or Saumagen, some things don't need to be referenced as good german food.

For that we have Donauwelle, Maultaschen, and "a couple" of other dishes.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's funny since Metts in the states are yummy :D

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Sounds like heaven to me:beer:

My daughters birthday is Sunday so we asked her which restaurant she wants to go. Gasthaus please! It's not Germany but close enoughhttp://www.gasthausdining.com/

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Meh - he‘s from Swabia. They think egg noodles and tripe are the height of fine dining :Poke:

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's just cuz the french like desserts :D