1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Babb (Will's Rim Repair) Followup

Discussion in 'General' started by Greg Williams, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Old & slow

We shipped a customer's wheel to Will right before we lost him. There was a printed return label in the box. We got a call from someone to notify us of his death. They said that they would send the wheel back to us. Unfortunately our person did not get their name or number, they just told the call to please return the wheel.

Well, we and our customer are starting to grow concerned about getting the wheel back in our hands.

Does anyone have any contact info for whoever may be handling Will's affairs?

Any help is VERY much appreciated.

2. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I know Zach Sears has been in communication with Will's father and been helping some people out with figuring out getting wheels back. He runs a group on Facebook called Trackday/Race Junkies. I'm sure someone else on here might have a better contact option.

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Who else in the motorcycle world can fix wheels like Will could?

4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Ron@ frame straight in Louisville tn

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Nobody!

BigBird and TurboBlew like this.
  6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yep, used Ron when I could not get ahold of Will, did a fine job.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's a shame.....RIP Will. :(

TurboBlew and spoon32 like this.
  8. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

9. dcemotorsports

dcemotorsports Well-Known Member

http://weldcraftwheels.com/ I've had tremendous service and quality work straightening out aluminum motorcycle wheels over the years.

TurboBlew and jkraft like this.
  10. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

RIP Will... :(
    His work and pricing was above all !!!

11. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Old & slow

We miss Will. I always encouraged him to be sure that he was charging enough!

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah, made sure he always got a good tip. $30 or $40 was just not enough for the magic he did

BigBird likes this.
  13. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

Wow that's sad, what happened?

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

He was found in a car at a gas station not far from his house. Don’t know any details

15. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

Wow I was thinking freak accident. But either way so sad for the family and friends he was an awesome guy. Never met him. But used his services numerous times super nice guy. Didn't even charge me the last time because he cldnt fix it. Shipped it back for free.

16. GSXR_388

GSXR_388 Well-Known Member

Well, RIP Will's Wheel Repair. I wish someone would post that the business is no longer taking wheels. I sent 3 wheels to the address. How can I get my wheels back? I will pay someone $100 to get my 3 BMW HP wheels back in a box and pay the shipping to return to me.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

@Metalhead ?

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I dont know where his shop is or who's handling his business. But if you can get in touch with them and get them in touch with me I can get them and ship them.

XFBO and BigBird like this.
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

i've already offered up to stop by. it's 10 min from where i work. i got time tomorrow in my lunch break

BigBird and TurboBlew like this.
  20. Phl218

Phl218 .

you like a lot of touch dontcha?