1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Twins Master Cylinder BS...

Discussion in 'General' started by swiest152, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Delusions are a wonderful thing :D

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Wait a second - the Gen 1 is legal now?:D

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Ahhh shit Lol

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Might have been 2, honestly not sure so pulled a number out of thin air. RTFRB :D

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Never gonna apply to me anyway. I've come to the realization that I will be a lowly club racer at best AND that I am NEVER getting rid of my 1G SVs.

I'm just waiting for you to make them Vintage LW legal...

:D

6. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Think maybe now Brembo will respond to it? :D

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

How about suspension :)

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I never did go check out the rules. Maybe later this week.

10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I sent an email about the lack of approved twins suspension parts a few weeks ago. the answer I got back was you can use the approved parts for supersport and Superstock... assuming they fit and don’t have to be modified. (Could be an issue for guys with stock forks) After many emails back and forth they figured out the approved list is clear as mud for twins and said they will try to get it fixed after COTA

11. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

12. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

They claim everything is legal even tho rules say otherwise. Still debating on showing up with stock shock and forks and protesting entire grid. :)

No Brakes, Monsterdood and TurboBlew like this.
  13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

That would be epic. :crackup:

14. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I’m just waiting for someone to protest the entire grid for not having the PAIR system on the bike. Other classes say it must be removed but not twins

15. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

under "contents", it appears that suspension approved for superstock/supersport is approved for MotoAmerica Twins.

Superstock 1000/600, Supersport 600 Suspension

World Supersport, European Superstock, MotoAmerica Supersport, MotoAmerica Stock 1000, MotoAmerica Twins

16. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

2.8.10.2 Suspension - General
    a. Participants in the Twins Cup class must only use the approved and listed suspension units for that season.

2.8.10.3 Front suspension
    a. The front fork in whole or part may be changed but must be the same type as the homologated (leading link, telescopic, etc.).
    b. Forks from the Twins Cup approved list, or from any other FIM homologated Supersport or Superstock 1000 machine, may be used.
    c. The upper and lower fork clamps (triple clamp, fork bridges) and stem may be changed or modified.
    d. A steering damper may be added or replaced with an after-market damper.
    e. The steering damper cannot act as a steering lock limiting device.

2.8.10.5 Rear suspension unit (shock)
    a. The rear suspension unit may be changed but a similar system must be used (i.e. dual or mono).
    b. The rear suspension linkage may be modified or replaced.
    c. The original fixing points on the frame (if any) must be used to mount the shock absorber, linkage and rod assembly fulcrum (pivot points).
    d. Removable top shock mounts may be replaced. If replaced, they must retain their homologated geometry.

17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Bridgehampton 1996 or 1997. 10th place in Production Twins protested the field. When the smoke cleared, he got the win! :cool:

18. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member