1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beto for president?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jan 2, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So we have a handful of crotchety old bastards vs millions of young people that got fucked over by a rigged system. What do you think is going to happen?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It's a scary fucking day when I agree with Choad...

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Some responsible parenting?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More than a handful of people think this tiny minority should pay their bills.

R Acree likes this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

It's a shame that you couldn't talk to a trusted elder before buying your car. The information is out there, as are other options.
    As a result of putting in some work in high school, my kid will be pursuing a civil engineering degree and running D1 track for a net cost of about zero. The opportunities are out there if you look. Anyone who knowingly goes a hundred thousand in debt for an intersectional non-binary gender relations degree got exactly what they paid for.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Debt of their own free will.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You spelled whiney entitled little bitches wrong.

crashman and sharkattack like this.
  8. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Dude, you really have a victim mentality.
    No one made anyone go to college. It's an elective choice. It costs a lot of money. It has benefits if you didn't get some useless liberal arts degree in womens studies.
    If you choose to go, pay the fucking bill.

As far as mortgages that someone mentioned earlier, every phone these days has a calculator on it. Pull it out, add up your monthly income and deduct expenses. Look at what's left. Can you afford the mortgage payment? Yes. Cool. No. Look for a cheaper house or go rent an apartment. This shit isn't even remotely complicated and not getting it right falls on the purchaser of the product. Newsflash: salesmen try to sell shit.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup:

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, I don’t. Far from it actually, but it REALLY pisses me off when I see a planned and organized effort to bilk millions of families out of hundreds of billions of dollars.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF? Bilk? The kids got EXACTLY what they were promised. The universities did not force them into a useless degree - oh yeah, if you can't pay loans your degree is useless or you're a moron or just fucking lazy. Plenty of people with degrees getting jobs and paying their bills. I would even bet that it's the majority of those graduating.

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

How do you feel about Credit Card Companies? Or Bank Overdraft Fees?

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

But I thought you supported Obama care?

:)

auminer likes this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There's enough competition there to keep things honest.

15. Spang308

And universal cash handouts from the government.
    While we're on the topic of calculators, bust one out and do the math on his UBI dream.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What the fuck? No. Healthcare is similar to higher ed though, in the sense that the foxes are in charge of henhouse security. You literally have the people who benefit the most financially writing the rules and the government adopting them.

17. Spang308

Here's a UBI program I can endorse. Cut everyone's taxes 1000 a month. Cut the federal budget a corresponding amount. Problem solved. Everybody gets their grand and the budget gets reduced. Of course, you'll need to be employed to participate. Win win win.
    Deal? Make it happen.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Your comment is barely worth a reply if you're not going to actually put any thought into the total discussion and the understanding that UBI is not an "implement today" possibility. You're just stuck on the "it's welfare for lazy sumbitches" argument and that's just not true.

19. Spang308

Ok. You're actually dead on here. :D

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Agreed