1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Braunschweiger

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Apr 18, 2019.

?

Braunschweiger

1. Food for men

51.1%
  2. OK

15.6%
  3. GTFO

33.3%
  1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Can't do it. Used to be ok with it, but now?

Hell no.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Good stuff. Put it on Rye or Pumperknickel with some thinly sliced onion and mayo.

kangasj likes this.
  3. The stuff you guys get in the US is a pale shadow compared to the freshly-made stuff I get from my local butcher here in Germany.

You have my pity :)

RRP, Phl218 and cpettit like this.
  4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I like it, although some is much better than others. When I am back in WI during the summers I can get some that is very good and locally produced. It is one of the two exceptions to the rule that I don't eat guts. Pate' is the other.

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Pretty much. Let’s not talk about the quality of bread or sour cream that’s available at the local supermarket, either.

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I keep it in the fridge for the dog. She hates taking pills so i roll them up in a ball of it and she eats them before she even knows what happened. The smell makes my stomach turn but i do occasionally like it with pretzels and mustard.

7. smooth

smooth Well-Known Member

Good stuff. I just introduced my kids to it a couple of weeks ago and they loved it. Went to Grandfather mountain for a day and had a cracker barrell style or picnic lunch. Great on wheat crackers, sometimes with a bit of cheese and hot mustard.

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Good boat food. If it's sealed properly and refrigerated it seems to last forever.

9. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Crazy combo, but kick ass sandwich.
    Braunschweiger, sliced sweet pickles, mustard, mayo on wheat bread.
    Don't laugh, just try it.

Damn, I'm down in Baja right now, ain't no way I'm getting that combo down here. : (

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That and liverwurst can take a hike.

11. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Love the stuff!

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Never heard of it. What is it and in what region is it popular?

13. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

My dad got me hooked on it as a kid.
    I still buy it some times and eat it on crackers. But damn - the amount of garlic in the stuff - leaks out of my pores for days.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid:

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Liverwurst?

Good stuff, if done right. Has to be the fine one though. Add some Dijon mustard, and a bit of raw onion

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, um, no. Not my thing. Heck if I know what's all in it but I do know to say no thanks.

17. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I used to eat the Oscar Mayer crap straight out of the tube!

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know what is the worst thing the damn germans make? Liverwurst? Nope, that's pretty okay if you don't think what's in it. Currywurst? A kids meal or for drunks but not the worst. The worst thing are those gawd damn spiced christmas cookies. I freakin' hate those damn things and they need to be banned in the US in place of kinder eggs.

Gawd damn germans!

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Why is "Ok" the only positive answer?

Braunschweiger, blood sausage, headcheese, liverwurst, landjaeger....the list goes on and on.

EDIT - Rouladen - not necessarily in the same arena as the sausages mentioned but - damn yummo.

I know what I am asking Oma to make next weekend when we go home. :D

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Phl218 likes this.
  20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I will say for as much as I pretty much hate Illinois, if you know where to look in southwestern Illinois you can find pretty good facsimilies. :D