1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Walker Lindh being set free.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I thought traitors were shot? Unfuckingbelievable.

2. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I took this piece of shit off the helicopter in Afghanistan in 2001. Should have put two in him when we had the chance.

Shenanigans likes this.
  3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

There is zero deterrent for treason now. As a matter of fact, you might just become a media darling.

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Took the words out of my mouth. Hiw long until he has a gig with CNN?

5. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

I think with 'nationalism' having been declared a dirty word, a little bit of treason is now de rigueur for a Dem prez aspirant.

Ian178 likes this.
  6. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

He was safer being caged. Somebody, somewhere is going to make sure he doesn't live more than a year.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I can't see them just turning him loose on Main Street USA. I'm guessing a protective program.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Isn’t this guy like borderline retarded?

9. Will929

Will929 Well-Known Member

Maybe the government thinks he will at some point try to contact his old buddies. And when he does, they will drop a bomb on them.

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As I understand it, he took a plea deal for 20 years an will get out with time off for good behavior. IIRC the terms of his release limit internet access and neither he, nor his family is supposed to profit from his story, actions or anything related.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How the hell would you police that?

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Personally, I have no idea. However, given that targeted ads pop up when I so much as think of a product, I'm sure the technology exists.