1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Jug Gaskets

Discussion in 'General' started by drewwillgetyou, Apr 16, 2019.

1. drewwillgetyou

drewwillgetyou Average Guy

Wow I didn't think this would be hard to find, but both my VP jugs gasket have just disappeared and I cannot find a place that sells them.

Thoughts?

2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Is there an industrial seal/o-ring place nearby?

Ask for Viton.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

4. drewwillgetyou

drewwillgetyou Average Guy

Sean that's a good question, filled them both up yesterday and neither gasket was in there....wasn't too thrilled.

There is an industrial rubber place not far from my work, I'd like to get something go my fuel doesn't splosh all over the back of the van on the way down this weekend...

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The amazon link has the measurements you need if you can source locally.

6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

they pop out on occasion, never place the cap on the ground, gasket down. when you pick them up, and are not paying attention, they can fall out of the groove in the cap, and left where you took the cap off.

I have caught a couple doing this, now i set them down gasket up. vp sells them as replacement parts but, they are just a big O-ring. make sure to get fuel safe O-rings, if you dont buy from vp. Ski

7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Summit Racing also sells the o-ring. They sell both their own branded jugs as well as VP jugs and the lids are interchangeable.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g7993

Edit: The McMaster o-rings look to be a better deal though.

9. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

Thanks for everyone that listed these up lost one a year or so ago and vp only list the caps

10. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Amazon lists a 4 pack of orings, a cap and oring, or a cap and 4 orings.

R/T Performance likes this.
  11. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

See post #5. :Poke: The Destroyer of Roadracing even posted the link. Man he sucks at his job! :D

12. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook