1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did my 2018 taxes last night...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by wood600rr, Jan 29, 2019.

1. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

For better or worse, US Law and the USSC have confirmed that Corporations are persons.

Not that anyone in here gives a damn about facts.

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Once you realize that purpose and self respect are outmoded concepts from a time gone by, it's a pretty good gig. As a former Section 8 landlord, I can attest that every last negative stereotype that you may hold about welfare recipients is grounded in harsh reality. I am sure that exceptions exist, but I personally have never provided a home for one. I gave up on the guaranteed taxpayer funded income because I found the entire program to be antithetical to my own values.

3. nigel smith

So basically a sales tax in disguise, to be passed on to the end user?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And anyone with a brain in their head knows that "person" is the term used for a stand-alone legal entity...

But you keep on with your illusion that Exxon wears pants and AT&T walks with a limp...

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Welfare is supposed to be a safety net that will catch you if you fall, not a trampoline that you can bounce on for generations. The fact that there is such a thing as generational welfare indicates to alot of us that welfare is too lucrative.

6. nigel smith

If AT&T could be embodied in a person, I suspect that a line would soon form to administer more than a limp.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

What job increases your pay when you have a child?
    Welfare ain't that bad. It should come with work requirements.

auminer likes this.
  8. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with any of that. I just don't believe on kicking someone when they're down. Are there far too many people abusing the system? Absofuckinglutely! I think that there are a lot of people that you would never know where getting assistance because they are trying and don't fit the stereotype? Absofuckinglutely! I believe in time limits, work requirements, drug testing...things like that.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Obviously you're a fucking asshole...

10. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Nope, that fantasy is solely yours.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummmm, I was thinking about itemized deductions so they are expenses that come off of your net on your tax return but could have that confused in my head. Never done or really looked at the company taxes and now they're added to ours I just glaze over and sign where told :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd prefer a flat rate one to sales tax shenanigans.

13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'd be so happy with a flat tax. First 20 grand, no tax, 10% on everything over that. No deductions, no nothing. The percentage changes as necessary to balance the budget. Let everyone scream when the the tax rate skyrockets to pay for pork barrel items. The congressional spend-like-there's-no-tomorrow folks would be reeled in quite quickly. Oh, and corporations don't pay taxes on money they give to their shareholders through dividends...but individuals do. No double taxation.

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So not flat

15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Sorry, that's my bleeding heart liberal side coming through. ;)

sheepofblue likes this.
  16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

In theory your heart is doing the right thing. However in the real world the politicians would feel the need to add stuff or raise the floor to buy votes with your money.