1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notre Dame Fire

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fonda Dix, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You stated as fact there is no way they could know a cause so soon. There are ways they could.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

If you read my posts in this thread they are are framed in theory. My mind is not made up at all.

That being said, I think suspicion is justified. Between the huge number of religious site fires reported in 2018 in France, the violence/crime problem they have already experienced with the hordes of migrants they admitted, and the general tendency of radical Islam to practice cultural destruction, I believe my thought process is sound.

It could be construction.
    It could be lightening.
    It could be divine intervention.
    and
    It could be an act of cultural terrorism by an enemy of France, Catholicism or the west. This includes radical Islam, atheists, social radicals, etc.

All options are possible.

I see you as the one with your eyes closed, not me.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Or War or Godzilla, and don't forget Meteorites.

Although none of them was the cause.. neither was a lightning strike...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Go read your post to start the thread. Good lord man do you not even know what you're saying?

Here, I'll help :D

"Seeing lots of speculation that this was an act of Islam. This is bolstered by multiple acts of recent religious site damage and vandalism committed by migrants across France as well as the arrest of a Muslim woman attempting to bomb the cathedral just days ago. Additionally, pictures of Muslims laughing and celebrating the event don't bode well for maintaining their peaceful veneer. "

Yes, you did indeed couch that as speculation. However why the need for a thread? Kind of a duh that there would be speculation about muslims. No need to state the obvious without an agenda.

Then you follow it with this gem -

"We know that if this is the case it will be hidden so the narrative of Muslim as victim can continue. "

Clearly says it doesn't matter what the case is you can't believe it. There is no option for it being an accident being believable to you as that would be a lie to further this narrative you see everywhere. So maybe if they do blame muslims then it could be hiding the truth that it was an accident? See the problem here yet?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or even just a smelly guy with a Galouises...

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually France owns it. Typical in Europe.

Hope it was just an accident it would suck harder if someone did it maliciously.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Even if it is accidental I hope whoever did it is a long long way from France by now :eek:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am curious what the protests/riots will be over this one.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Sigh...... Dude, if you're in the mood to just argue just say so. :crackup:

I didn't state anything as fact, I made a wisecrack on how 'thorough' they appear to run their investigations. That's all really.

I realize you have vast knowledge of all things, but typically, investigative "conclusions" aren't found before the fire is even out.

Britt likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Why would the mighty Zeus hurl a lightning bolt at a house of worship? :confused:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Zeus is a narcissistic asshole, he'd zap them for not worshiping him :D

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Lookie who's bucking for a 100,000 volt jolt up his ass! :crackup:

13. Fonda Dix

Yes, after reading this I can see how you would believe that my mind is closed to only one possibility.

You are right, I wont believe any story that comes out because literally nothing is believable anymore.

I guess you can only read so many lies, so many narratives, before everything is a work of fiction. I think I have become jaded beyond reason.

We have seen the MSM protect a guilty Islam. We have seen RW media attack Islam when innocent. What the F is real anymore?

Its frustrating.

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Unplug, get some air and remember the world is real. Internet, TV, Smatphones..... just vapor to keep you distracted. I mean look.... i haven't got shit done at the office today because of it.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  15. Fonda Dix

First, I am horribly embarrassed to say I dont even remember the Germanwings event, much less what I said about it. My brain is RAM, not a hard drive. You should know that by now. :)

As far as the theory, I dont have confidence in it one way or the other. Its hypothesis, not a statement. However, the way I framed it, as pointed out by Mongo, was in a way that demonstrates a closed minded attitude towards other theories.

As I mentioned in that reply to him, I dont know what the hell to think anymore. All journalism lies to me, even those on "my" side of the debate.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So why do you feel the need to believe anything?

17. Fonda Dix

I have no idea. I just do.

cpettit has it right. unplug. whats going to happen is going to happen whether I am watching it or not.

18. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

What's covered in Saran wrap and swings from bell rope to bell rope?

The lunchpack of Notre Dame.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's the first thing I thought yesterday when they said how much wood was up there. It had an amazing run, considering.

It's probably natural that you blocked it out. It was pretty embarrassing. :D Let's just say that there were a lot of similarities with your first post here, and it turned out to be a suicidal white guy who decided to take his passengers with him. But waiting a few days for the investigation wasn't part of your plan.

To everyone who is saying that they completely ruled out an intentional act: how many of you actually heard that from the Paris prosecutor, in French? Because I sure heard something different.

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You understand French... ? What exactly did he say?? (In French translation to English please)