1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notre Dame Fire

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fonda Dix, Apr 16, 2019.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So it was them evil Muslims and if they say it was something else they're just lying?

:crackup: You are so far off the deep end it's become a little scary.

Quite simply looking at the first footage of the fire it most likely started at the base of the spire - not exactly an easy place to haul a bunch of flammable terrorist materials to in the middle of a work day with workers all around. The only logical conclusion right now is it was a screw up by a worker. No conspiracy theories are remotely necessary.

As for defense - of course they did so preemptively, there is an absolute shit ton of stupidity out there looking to blame them for everything even if it's ridiculous to do so with no evidence...

2blueYam likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they talked to the workers who said what we were doing started the fire and we couldn't put it out it's not real hard to investigate...

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I admire skills like were used to build it - especially factoring in the lack of tech at the time.

I am curious why people don't expect the Pope to pull out a checkbook though, it's his building after all.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think the French government has owned it for about 100 years.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Is that what is being reported?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh. Can't imagine the church giving anything away although if they got a deal where they still used it for nothing and the French paid all the repairs it makes sense.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Love them or hate them, the Vatican has been managing real estate for a loooooooong time. I think they know a trick or three.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. I posted an obvious example of how they could easily be done investigating in response to your post about how they couldn't be. Like you I have no idea how it started. Logically it was construction related based on where it started but that is still just a guess at this point.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh hell yeah.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Oh so you're speculating just like everyone else in here but yours has more credence than the others? Gotcha! ;)

Lol...

I don't make it a habit of following Paris news but I read somewhere that since the new year began there had been a lot of church vandalism, also read there was an arrest of a potential bomb plot at the same church.... so I think all the vandal/terror speculation isn't totally ridiculous, just like a construction related fire shouldn't be as well.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did I say mine has more credence? Maybe you're seeing that your conclusion jump was a little premature?

There is a lot of bad shit in Europe and Paris sure, but doesn't change that the fire starting at the spire - on top of and in the center of the church about as far as you can get from doors, right where workers were working on a lead roof - makes it much much less likely to be terrorism and much more likely to be an accident. Is that what happened? Hell if I know, I'm sitting at a computer in Georgia and not a fire inspector to begin with. But it's more likely than the other theories just based on the tiny handful of facts we do have.

Still a moot point in that you said they couldn't have drawn a conclusion yet - I gave an example of how they could have done do and pointed out that your post had no merit. That's all. Not remotely saying I know what happened any more than you do, just that your post was wrong.

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I would say telling somebody they are "off the deep end" for their opinion is a way of giving your own opinion more credence but what do I know down here treading water. :)

upload_2019-4-16_11-46-43.jpeg

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Fonda, on a scale of 1-10, how does your confidence in your theory here compare to the confidence you had with the Germanwings Muslim terror attack in France a few years ago?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was merely talking about my opinion vs XFBO's - I absolutely totally am 100% positive my opinion has more credence than your conspiracy theory - especially one where you've already ruled out believing any other reasons for the fire being possible or believable. So yeah, with regard to your post, I am absolutely sure that you are wrong.

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Amazing after 830 years it caught fire and burned to the extent it did.. 800 fucking years .. it took.

Fencer likes this.
  19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And what exactly was my "conclusion jump" ??? :crackup:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, kind of amazing lightning hasn't taken the roof out before now.