1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 3 | USA | April 12 -14

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Austin is 3-4 hour drive form about 25million people in Texas. That same 3-4 hour drive around SLC is just under 4 million and it's a much different demographic.

edit: fat fingers

turbulence likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I'd be interested to see what the overall issue money wise was/is. I'd think the city would be willing to invest to keep it, the downtown party was flat out huge with increases for all the businesses from the first year to the last one.

SundaySocial and jksoft like this.
  3. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Also, if I remember correctly, the last GP held at Indy was voted the top GP of that year. It has to be about the money.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

1) Maybe Tatum's wife divorced him because he likes to hold on a little too tight on the back of motorbikes.

2) I wouldn't be surprised to see Miller end up on a different factory bike than the Ducati next year. Mr. Sacks is a big fan of the lad and sponsored him before he had a Red Bull deal. What does Mav's contract look like next year?

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The city did have an extra sales tax to help keep events coming in.

The local bars/restaurants/hotels said they would be willing to pay more tax to keep the F1 races here, those folks would spend a lot of cash.

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

What some of you think is "close" isn't very. Aside from all else in Texas, Austin is the country's 11th largest city by population. SLC ranks 116th.
    There aren't 4 million people in all of Utah. The MSA of SLC is about 1.2 M.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Track terrible or not, Toni still qualified a 1/2 second faster than his previous best Q time and Josh Herrin still broke the outright race lap record in race 2 bumpy or otherwise :D

badmoon692008, turbulence and Phl218 like this.
  8. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike Well-Known Member

Yeah, but at RA you can ride just about anywhere with a motorcycle or pit bike, which is half the fun. I've been to COTA 5 times and never fell in love with the place. Among other things, It's weird when you have to check out at the gate to find a shuttle.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Clapped out. BNG. All the rest of it.

crashman and Banditracer like this.
  10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

If didn't know better some would think you are spiking the ball a little zealously. :D

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Another leg up the Zooks have on the field, and Newyork can attest to this.....they sound the baddest ass when their TC is kicking in. Toni has an audibly more amount of TC that kicks in. We were sitting in the T15 grandstands right by the bridge before they go into the long right that starts T17. When the TC kicks in on those 2 it pops and crackles like nothing else on track.

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I mean sweeping COTA, GP and SBK? No big deal for the itty bitty company in Hamamatsu. Cool that Mladin was there to see it happen.

But probably the highlight of the entire weekend, Guy Martin pissing himself on the grid. Neil losing all control of the interview :crackup:
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2114269965530296

03RumbleBee likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dude every time I watch it gets funnier :D:crackup::crackup: Neil's face!

03RumbleBee likes this.
  15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That was the funniest thing I watched all weekend.

16. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Just a true motorcycle fan ..

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

The other thing is SLC and the area in general is just a little weird. The track is sweet but the general population is a bit strange. It’s just a bit different.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I sure wish they'd go back to Laguna, where it belongs :D

Prospect, TurboBlew, OGs750 and 3 others like this.
  19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

He was a gear lower than almost everyone else going in to 16. From where I was sitting it sounded more like rev limiter than TC...

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

At first listen, I'd venture being at about a 15% comprehension level. Takes a while getting into GM speak, abstracting from all the nonsensical repeated words is a start...