1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 Yamaha R6

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by lavitzlegend, Apr 1, 2019.

1. lavitzlegend

lavitzlegend Member

For sale is my 2008 Yamaha R6 in mostly clean condition with around 13,XXX miles. I started modifying her for the track but lost interest as I got more into car racing. I bought it a few years ago after the previous owner laid it down in his driveway at low speed. So the stock fairing and one small area on the tank are scratched. This didn't bother me as I was going to replace it with race fairings anyway. She has almost new yamalube oil and filter, new coolant and water, and a new Bikemaster battery. The additional mods I added are listed below with most installed but a few still off the bike. Asking price is $5000.

Installed mods:

-RaceTech gold compression and rebound fork valves set for 180 lbs amateur
    -GYTR aluminum silencer and cat removed from mid pipe (EXUP valve also unhooked)
    -GB Racing case savers
    -Woodcraft frame sliders and stand spools
    -Driven engineering -1/+2 sprockets with DID chain
    -Zero gravity corsa windscreen

Uninstalled mods:
    -2 brand new Dunlop q3 tires
    -Scott's steering stabilizer
    -Woodcraft rearsets
    -Stainless braided brake lines
    -Front and rear EBC HH brake pads
    -Front and rear stands
    -Tank hugger
    -Radiator rock guard
    -Bauce racing tuned ECU out of a 2009

I'm sure there's other odds and ends I'm forgetting that all come with the bike. My name's Jordan and please hit me up if you're interested. Bike is located in Des Moines, IA. Clean title in hand.
    Email: [email protected] Cell: five-one-five six-eight-one eight-six-zero-zero

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JSwyssUZDNDBt4_-V_5jLLEMoJFtBRDe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lavitzlegend

lavitzlegend Member

Bump and price drop to $4600

Signal_jp likes this.
  3. lavitzlegend

lavitzlegend Member

no one needs a great starter track bike?

4. lavitzlegend

lavitzlegend Member

Had a few tire kickers but no serious offers yet. Price drop to $4400. Bike is ready to go other than putting on the rearsets, steering damper, and getting your own race bodywork. Plus it's street legal and clean and clear title!

5. lavitzlegend

lavitzlegend Member

Still trying to find this girl a new home! Open to offers...

6. lavitzlegend

lavitzlegend Member

Last drop to $4200 before I part out the racing goodies and sell her just as a clean titled street bike!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

If you part out, I'll take the windscreen :)

8. Robby Ringnalda

Robby Ringnalda Well-Known Member

If you dont feel like parting it out I got a buddy with 3500 cash today.

9. Drinkbeer

Drinkbeer Member

I'll take the motor

10. lavitzlegend

lavitzlegend Member

To be clear I'm not talking about parting out the whole bike. Just removing all the track oriented mods and selling them off separately and then selling the bike as a mostly stock street bike with exhaust and ReceTech forks.

Drinkbeer likes this.
  11. Quin

Quin Member

Still for sale?

12. lavitzlegend

lavitzlegend Member

Yes she's still for sale

13. lavitzlegend

lavitzlegend Member

Had a few mid 3k offers locally but still for sale! As I said I'm open to reasonable offers

14. lavitzlegend

lavitzlegend Member

Just got new plastics for it and will be installing this coming weekend. Going to sell as a street bike and part out the race parts. Will start a sale thread in the parts section once I have everything ready to go...