1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV suggestions

Discussion in 'General' started by turner38, Apr 14, 2019.

1. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Looks like its time to replace the 54” PanasonicTv in the den, seems like Netflix had a upgrade and no longer works with it...
    Cant watch figure out a way to watch Motoamerica Live on it either...
    Any suggestions for something similar size that will do both?

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Get a firestick.

3. turner38

Good idea, can you get the motoamerica stuff through it?
    TV still works great, just has lost some functionality as the Apps get updated.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That's why I don't run the built-in apps on the tv. Got a Roku and an XboxOne for the streaming stuff.

You can pick up a 4K Roku for around $80 IIRC, and it has the MotoGP app

5. I cannot find the app on my fire stick so I use the browser. Sure I’m missing something but it works ok. As far as new TV’s. Get what’s on sale. I’m literally sitting down figuring out the tanget of my mantle above the fire place as I have a 50” hung on there now as I didn’t have time to set up a new tv when we moved in and new a 70 I had was way to big. Not popular for video and audio philes but as far as value goes I have had awesome luck with Visio TVs. I’m normally a big name brand person but I took a chance on one years back for the kids room. Then one for master br, and 4 later they’ve been flawless and picture is as good as what you feed it. Went with a sound bar to keep it clean above the mantel but I’d really like to get a full 7 channel back. Just no clean real estate. Up in my office I have a couch / TV set up so I have all the good stuff up there.

6. turner38

Thats where my 54” sits is on the Mantle over the unused fireplace, not room to go much bigger.
    Will pick up a firestick today and try it. If it will stream the Motoamerica stuff I will be set. The TV we put in the trailer has the Roku stuff on it, havent had time to fool with it and see how I like it. May bring it in the shop and see if I can watch the MotoGp stuff from COTA on it while I work today...