1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Ep 8: The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jan 23, 2017.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

No discussions about Ep.9 trailer drop? You guys are slacking...

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's too late. Even Disney acknowledges they have wrecked it by going on "hiatus" with the films.

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The Last Jedi was The Last Straw.
    I don't give two shits about the Disney version of Star Wars.

Mot Okstef likes this.
  4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I look forward to it hitting Dish.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I put the trailer in the Yuutoobz thread...didn’t watch it yet since I can’t hear much of the audio at the track here.

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Rogue One was the last Star Wars one worth watching. IMO.
    Gritty, well done, and a generally no-name cast did a good job creating the movie.

Solo was so/so.
    Episode 8 was less than meh
    Episode 9 looks like a re-hash of Revenge of the Jedi, with some family hugging mixed within.

cpettit likes this.
  7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I was a huge Star Wars Fan. Read books, played video games etc. I couldn’t give a rats ass about this or previous 2 in this story line. Rogue one was really good. Solo was meh.

Mot Okstef likes this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I have a hunch that JJ Abrams really wants to close this one out doing justice for the fans....that's my hunch anyway. There was some interesting things in this first trailer, it really seemed JJ's trying to harken back to old times and connect this final movie of the saga to the earlier films.

-Rey's repaired Anakin/Luke's old lightsaber and is using it again....that particular lightsaber has been an item in all but 2 or 3 of the now nine episodes
    -Lando making an appearance
    -Leia holding one of the medals she presented to Luke and Han in A New Hope
    -The wreckage from what I'm guessing is the first Death Star (the wreckage from the 2nd I would assume would have crashed into Endor)
    -Palpatine voice laughing at the end

Oscar Isaacs (Poe) claims the end credits will blow people away (whatever that means)

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

GOT
    FTW

Jedb likes this.
  10. Rebel635

Oh you mean they alienated original fan base and spit on them, then when the SJW angle fell through now they’re trying to rekindle the old relationship?

Hey, the previous movie was all about cutting off and letting go of the past, so that the new movies could start fresh. Stick to it...

As far as I’m concerned this will be the first Star Wars film I won’t go and see.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Oh I don't disagree they shit the bed in every way possible with Ep. 8. But fortunately they did kick that idiot director to the curb and I think cancelled his supposed side trilogy he was going to do. But I'm too far into it at this point :crackup:, I have to see this thing through and watch the final movie, whether its a dumpster fire or redeems things.

Funkm05 and pscook like this.
  12. Rebel635

oh i plan on seeing it, just not in theaters...

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So lets forget about the third trilogy shit.....what about one of the other more interesting things to come out of Star Wars Celebration over the weekend?

This to me looks interesting and I liked the sound of it ever since they first announced a standalone origins type movie for Boba Fett a while back (I guess it morphed into this). Looks like its set 5 years after Return of the Jedi and its due to debut in November this year on Disney

[​IMG]

14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

They showed 7 minutes of actual footage at the show, they haven't officially released it but there are lots of cell phone videos on YouTube, it looks amazing.

15. Rebel635

Origin story of Solo and they turned the most iconic “Kessel run” into some sort of bumbling accident?

Fuck Disney and their vilification of males. I’m tired of “if a man did if it was by accident or because of woman’s help, if a woman did it, it’s because it was intentional and righteous” crap.

Only reason Rogue One turned out ok is because it was a female lead. Otherwise they’d have butchered it.

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Don't know that I agree with that. I think it succeeded because it had no real constraints like the core 9 movies other than "get the plans to Leia's ship"
    How that happened and the complications to get to that point were up to the writer and director. They did a good job and, IMO it had nothing to do with gender roles.

17. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I think it's funny how in a universe with such incredible technology they evidently don't have any way to put Death Star plans on more than one media just in case Darth Vader manages to get his hands on the one copy they're attempting to transport. But I guess you can't have drama if there's a simple and obvious solution.

I've seen all the other installments of the core 9 at the theater. I plan to finish it out.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you want logic then all the movies are going to disappoint :crackup:

19. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Technology is the kryptonite of drama. The old cliche of a woman frantically trying to unlock her car as a menacing stranger approaches has been replaced with a key fob that can have the engine idling and the door unlocked as you approach. The days of not being able to get important information to someone has been nuked by smart watches.

Hell, now that I think about it, why did the Jedi Council need all that technology to hold a conference? Why not just use the force and communicate telepathically since they were all able to?

20. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Because that isn't the kind of telepathy the had. Until the recent hack series of movies.