1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not-a-tow-vehicle ideas...

Discussion in 'General' started by pickled egg, Apr 10, 2019.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Toyota. Cheap parts and they won’t die.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Do what? You hitting the high fructose corn syrup a bit early today, willie wonka? 7K is just 7000 but if you put a $ in front, it means 7000 smackaroes. Nothing intrinsic about putting the number 7 and the letter K together means 7000 stripper baits.

But if you mean you only want to spend $7000 then you a cheap ass hillbilly goat f@cking dirt licker and the car/ truck/ donkey you get is gonna be a complete POS that even Juan the lawnguy wouldn't buy to put speedholes, pictures of jesus and flag of fourth world countries on because it looks "fajne."

and shit. :D

3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’s exactly how I describe them to people; instead of a cargo space behind the 2nd row, you get a utility bed that’s perfect for the dirty hauling.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

His budget is about $10k(ready is fun-DUH-mental).

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Reading is fundamentaler

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

They're not out yet to the masses. That being said, I'm buying one immediately when they are.

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Honda tries to call it a truck. I had a Pilot, which is pretty much the same motor and chassis as a Ridgeline. It was an OK SUV. Under powered and horrible gas mileage.
    But, during my son's first two years...it did the job. Getting him in and out of my car/his carseat that first two years sucked. Then, when he was climbing on his own it had to
    go because it was too high. Back to a car and fuel efficiency.

OH and the Pilot/Ridgeline for towing.....it may be rated for 3500...but just not a fan of that platform for that job. Not sure the tranny and brakes are heavy duty
    enough.

Not saying a 350/450/3500 series truck is necessary....just, like Dern, I'm more of a "Merican" for the job when it comes to pickup trucks. The foreign brands have come a long way, but they still have a long way to go in my opinion in their trucks.

pickled egg and ducnut like this.