1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pollen

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 10, 2019.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Does Cetirizine Hydrochloride work for chest congestion? Damn pollen is kicking my ass this year and to be quite truthful, my affinity for doing shots of Mucinex is wearing off.

LOL....so I worked a little googlefoo....it's Zyrtec

2. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

My allergist told me to take Zyrtec every day. 365 days/year

Anyone else taking allergy meds daily?

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Yeah it’s pretty much the generic version of Zyrtec but a metric shit ton cheaper. It doesn’t mention anything about alleviating chest congestion.

And to answer @j cal yes, I take them every day 365 days a year since it’s pretty much allergy season year round in the south. :D

I take mine at 7:00 at night so I can sleep congestion free & wake up that way too. :cool:

kangasj likes this.
  4. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Everybody here is bitching about their sinuses. Mine havent bothered me any yet. Probably has something to donwith the Honey I eat daily.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Bee spit?

6. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Yes, allegedly (meaning I don't know for certain) local honey contains a trace amount of the pollen that is affecting your sinuses. Therefore, taking a bit of honey daily is supposed to boost your immune system.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Well hell, I'm going to start mixing honey in my mucinex...

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about how well they'll mix but several people I know around my area swear by local honey. However, they have never seen the yellow-orange hell that I witnessed down south when pollen blanketed the Earth... The horror...

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

One of my first cars was a pollen yellow 66 Mustang Fastback. Only car I've ever owned that didn't make me dread spring.

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. This was 2.5 hours worth today.

Attached Files:

Bloodhound likes this.
  11. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

There is nothing special about the 100 count bottle your pharmacy sells to you other than the price. It's just the generic for Zyrtec.

12. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Directly: no. It's an antihistamine. It helps with sneezing, itchy and watery eyes, runny nose, post-nasal drip and itchy skin resulting from seasonal or environmental allergies.

Indirectly: maybe. Theory being if you control the allergies your body won't create as much bronchial mucus. What you want is guaifenesin (Mucinex, Robitussin) to help with your chest congestion.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

:eek:

NTTAWWT