1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynojet 250 brake disk wanted

Discussion in 'General' started by Yngve Kristoffersen, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Yngve Kristoffersen

Yngve Kristoffersen New Member

Hi, I am new to this forum but still a speed junkie :)

I have just bought myself an old Dynojet 200-250 bench but this was one of the first one in 2000 and it doesnt have a brakedisk or brake caliper. I know that both are from a car/truck but I dont know from who.
    Dynojet is asking 1500 dollars but I bought the bench for less.... Anybody know where/what car they are from ?

Yngve Norway

2. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

You will also need to have your data file for the dyno drum mass updated, or it will read incorrectly with the additional weight of the disc brake. It's very small, but it should be correct for the total mass of the drum and brake together.

3. Yngve Kristoffersen

Thanx for replying. I know that I need to update the software but first I need the parts :)

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have you looked to see if you can mount up something generic? I know RRW did a test of brakes/rotors once by mounting them to their DJ dyno, I always fgiured they mounted them where the stock brake went.

5. Yngve Kristoffersen

There is no problem mounting any disk to the rotor using Taper-Lock boss ( or simular devices ) BUT I dont know the interia/weight of the "original" disk.

6. Yngve Kristoffersen