1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colonoscopy prep

Discussion in 'General' started by Jon Wilkens, Apr 8, 2019.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Ever notice lava lamps often look like butt plugs ?

[​IMG]

auminer likes this.
  2. No. And I still don't. That's all you.

Phl218, stk0308 and kangasj like this.
  3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Probably has a collection...

4. cha0s#242

NTTAWWT :D

5. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Maybe. My grandfather, my mother and one of her sisters (both never smoked), a first cousin on my mother's side, and my brother all died from lung cancer and the insurance would not approve of a scan for lung cancer for me.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Dave...it's for a friend. Sheeeesh. :beer:

7. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

I did the same. When I woke up, the first thing I remember is the Dr asking if I enjoyed the green Jello. I asked how he knew. He showed me the color photos. Looked like a Kawasaki wreck.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’s nuts!

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, don't ask and don't tell and all that shit. I get it. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  10. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

All went well...Dr. found and removed one polyp.:moon: Won't know test results till later. Super gassy now...lol Still not trusting the Air Shit Separator yet though.:D Nice to get some actual food in me though. I lost 5-6 lbs in two days....I guess that's one way to get back down into the 150s.:D

Appreciate all the dialog (conversation for you heathens)...:beer:

11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

My first was a 45 because I had stomach issues that bothered me. Second was done about five/six years later. They found a polyp that time. They scheduled them right at five years after that. Third time, another polyp. I’ll keep getting them as scheduled. Btw, those polyps usually go from benign to cancerous in about 7 years. If I taken the attitude of waiting till things got really bad, I may not be here today.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Dialogue.

Heathen.

:Poke:

:D

Jon Wilkens and badmoon692008 like this.
  13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Sorry your buddy had to deal with this.

I don't remember where I read it, but IIRC nationally, about 1 in 250 of these procedures have complications.

But given the cure rate of early-detected Colo-rectal cancers, compared to the survival rate of those found in late stages, its still a good deal. A small perforation when you are empty has low risk of serious infection complications, and usually is not that difficult to repair.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Having had a perforated colon (from undiagnosed diverticulitis 11 days
    after turning 50, should have had a colonoscopy before 50)
    I can tell you it is no small thing.
    One of the worst experiences of my life.

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Skip the prep... it's time to get back at The Man for the hundreds of hours of your time they've made you rot in their waiting rooms over the years.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sounds fair.

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

As one ages, the level of risk in activities must increase at an increasing rate. I've seen some bad ass guys who have clean colons, that oddly enough, didn't do shit for that stroke. Now they are shells, vying for the the day of the flat line. Poor bastards.

Doesn't sound like anyone here has tried Cologuard.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Colon Blow.

I drink a lot of coffee. :D

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  19. cha0s#242

[​IMG]

20. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

FYI Not approved for younger people or people at high risk. I really wanted to do this instead of the full blown root rooter.

Kind of off topic, Exact Sciences is based here in Madison, WI. I’ve done some sprinkler work in their labs. EVERY shade of brown is in those labs!