1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody up to finance a lawn chair?

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Apr 8, 2019.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And I'm sure every last one of you bitches had an Oakley Thermonuclear Protection sticker on the windshield of your '86 Z-24 with the pink neon double blade wipers. :crackup:

K51000, Shenanigans and Odilup like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Sadly those stickers and their buyers kept me from even trying Oakleys for decades which is sad because they're really nice shades.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

See Mongo, it's like you and me are twins. I'm the good looking twin, though. :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not really that hard to pull off :crackup:

I did try the double wipers (in black) as well as the big wings on wipers, none of them worked for shit.

5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Just like Harley.

I’m grateful for all those economic stimulators.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think I bought my first pair in 1983 ish because that was what all us cool MX guys wore. Their target audience changed not long after that...

7. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nice f@ckin' chair.

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What cooler do you have?

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Generic Coleman from Walmart.

noles19 likes this.
  12. joec

joec brace yourself

It's the harbor freight buying strategy!

Marid2apterbilt likes this.
  13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

14. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Do you remember when Oakley started out with just some really goofy grips and then goofy goggles for MX? That might have been late '70s or early '80s.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:
    The blue one with wheels and white lid? Can attest it will keep ice a week in Florida. And has lasted me several years.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got one and tried giving it away more than a few times with no takers. Glad they didn't take it because that POS keeps becoming my go to cooler for larger amounts of crap.

Love my Yeti but it can be a pain in the ass to haul around and is just too small at times.

17. joec

joec brace yourself

Thier snobwoard goggles rock.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oakley MX goggles are good too.

19. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I consider myself a folding chair "snob", but that Yeti one is a no-go. Obviously, the price, but functionally it really doesn't seem to offer anything in quality, durability or weight that can't be met by other stuff (which I used to consider fairly high-priced until seeing this thing). A couple of my favorites:

• The Pico chair - if you need something that will fold up small that is a "real chair" when it is unfolded.

• Picnic Time chair - Ultimate luxury/utility/comfort for the size. Mine are finally showing some signs of wear, but have lasted for many years. Fairly light, don't fold up real small, but manageable. The attraction here is comfort.

Both are really expensive for a folding chair (until I saw the Yeti), but are very high quality and have features that make it worth stepping up for. In the case of the Picnic Time chair (like EZ-UP), there are clones that are approaching the quality of the original item.

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes but no wheels...