1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AR Drop in triggers. What have you tried?

Discussion in 'General' started by lizard84, Apr 8, 2019.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Building a 300 blackout pistol, less of a build I guess, more of an assembly of tweaked PSA lower and upper components. Looking at triggers in the 2.5 - 4.5 range. Obviously I’ve read plenty of reviews but the knowledge here is deep.

2. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Not a single unit drop in but Geissele SSA is my favorite and I had a Hi Speed National Match. Its easy to put in a regular 2 piece trigger.

borislav and CMRA 270 like this.
  3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Geissele is all you’ll ever need.

CMRA 270 likes this.
  4. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Rise Armament RA-140 just went into mine. 95.00 shipped from Bear Arsenal in NC with a promo code.

Seems really nice so far for as little as it costs.

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Anyone care to share any results on any of the following triggers:

Fos-Tech Echo trigger
    Franklin Armory binary trigger (BFS)
    Any other systems like these?

Contemplating it for my Hk-94 and my 300-BO SBR.

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I've converted all my ARs to them.

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

My brother uses Franklin Armory ... too rich for my blood, but they're nice!

8. sdg

sdg *

I've had compliments on the kit stuff that I just stoned and polished. Had a class where it has to be a four pound minimum and the guy checking was reluctant to pass it...can't remember if I played with the spring on that one or not though...

9. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

Look in to the LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger... It falls in to the pull weight window you want, is close to Geissele quality - and is around 100 dollars. My friend put one in his BCM rifle and it breaks real nice.

10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

11. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

I'll second the Rise Armament for drop-ins. I have one of these in a polymer lower because I couldn't get a standard one to work properly.
    https://devildogconcepts.com/products/rise-armament

I like it, just as good as my other triggers. I think Geisseles are overrated. I've got two SSA-E and an SSP. Only paid for one and about half price at that because it was for charity. I've got some Rock River Arms two-stage triggers for a lot less than Geisseles and they're every bit as good.

BrianC636 likes this.
  12. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

I just put a CMC in my M&P 15/22 haha. Shot it today for first time. Cant comment on what its like in a AR, but it was heaps better than the stocker in the Smith. Good fun. I have Giesseles in a couple AR's, great trigger.

13. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

On the Franklin...I got one for my Scorpion a while ago. Installed it (was easy) and fired maybe 100 rounds or so thru it and it started malfunctioning. Tried different ammo, double checked everything I did, still failed to fire on trigger release fairly regularly. Contacted FA, sent it back, they sent me a new one. The reason for failure in the work-order they sent back was vague. Either way, the new trigger pack hasn't missed a beat yet. I put 500-600 rounds thru it as of today. Seems solid and is a ammo-wasting hoot. What I really dig is they support a SS team, which I didn't know until Road A.

14. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I like my SD-E but it's not a drop in exactly. ALG defense if you are on a budget. Have heard good things about Rise Armament and might try one of those on a lower I have around.

Franklin Armory sponsored a bike in the AMA races. Talked to one of the guys there about ARs and living in CA. Might have to look into their stuff, nice to see an "outside the industry sponsor". having worked in both industries for a while, it's nice to see more overlap. Lots of riders are into guns and lots of gun owners have bikes.

15. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Have one in a SBR in .223/5.56. Don't use USGI mags. Got double feed attempts in binary. Magpul mags work great in binary. Its even more fun when I have the 7.5" .22 upper on it. Once I got the small bugs worked out, its hilarious. Doesn't jump around like the .223/5.56 upper does (have to release the trigger after 5-6 round since the muzzle does jump all over quite easily).

16. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

RRA used to have a bad rep for losing its second stage, I think they fixed this recently but there are a lot of RRA triggers out there so I don’t know how you identify a good from a bad. I had one that lost it’s second stage, I pitched it and Geissele all the way except for one that has a BFS...

17. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Ive put Timney triggers in a couple- absolutely love them. drop in units, no issues at all. i have a competition model for the larger caliber and 2 stage in the smaller caliber.

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Thanks for the information about the mags. Which of the ones do you have? Fostech or Franklin?
    The SBRs in 300BO have Magpul Coyote tan magazines (Tan mags = 300BO) so there shouldn't be a problem there.

19. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Franklin Armory. My biggest gripe about it, other than it goes through ammo quickly :D, is they give you an ambi safety selector and its a tick wider than the receiver. They say its so people can use it on AR10's also.

I use FDE maglpuls on my .300blk also. Helps me keep the .300blk ammo from accidentally going into a .223 upper

Jedb likes this.
  20. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

What he said!
    I had the stock match trigger in my Spikes but it was a single stage so I went with the Geissele SSA & couldn’t be happier.