1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 3, 2019.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Draik at 146 was the fastest trap speed of the weekend. He got a nice draft off of Madama on the back straight. The Duc is a beast off of the slow corners but looking at the fastest sector times of the top 3 is revealing...

Attached Files:

t11ravis and MXjunky like this.
  2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Does Murray need a triumph master? If so I will donate him a Brembo straight from a 675R

MachineR1, mpusch, Steeltoe and 5 others like this.
  3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Dude that would be great! I'll have to keep the Triumph part number handy when tech says something.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what is the application process for approved parts with MA?

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Anyone got a track map with the sector gates marked? I have a rough general idea but still curious.

6. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

lol yes, because a master cylinder worth more than the bike is the answer

7. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

If you look in the upper right corner of the attachment that Cop posted, it shows the sectors

8. redtailracing

Duh. I blame it on Monday. I’m a bit slow this morning.

9. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Panigale R does not come with a CNC Brembo m/c, it's cast. Not quite as good as a RCS.

The RCS is like $275 nowadays. Why is that m/c not just added to the list? You can build a SBK motor but you have to run a OEM m/c? Seems backwards.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  10. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

"AERO PACKAGE" on the Duc??? What aero package??? It's a f'n naked bike with a vintage style Paul Smart upper...lol

As someone said earlier, Barney would've won on any of the bikes you put him on.

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Thanks for the sarcasm. Since you own a V4 Panigale do you care to contribute and answer my question?

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Tech director told me he has contacted Brembo and other mc builders several times over the off season asking if they wanted to be added to list of approved parts and nobody responded. The reason for a list of approved parts is to ensure all competitors have access to the same equipment and to keep the costs down. For twins, a $ 275 RCS or a GP MkII would be ok, but a $600-700 billet would not.

13. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Damn good racing, feels like technology has finally caught up when you can kick back and watch the races live via intraweb streaming devices. Love it!

Jaw-dropping grid size for the Twins Cup race, wow so many bikes.

For the other classes, are new tech regulations for front fender attachment coming down the pipeline?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Facebook post was talking about the app being up on the app stores.

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Something a bit off track and to file in the RTFRB section, there was an SV in parc ferme after Q2 with the stock 4.5" rear wheel and a 140 Dunlop Jr Cup slick..... He got busted.

JJJerry and rcarson15 like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wrong Wyman....

mpusch and MXjunky like this.
  17. redtailracing

How do you even stretch a 140 over an SV rear? o_O

18. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

No kidding. There seemed to be an inordinate amount of bodywork coming off this weekend.

rafa, turbulence and MXjunky like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't like them there at all - she have had more time to slow and would have hit airfence without them.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They do that on purpose. That's why the long(er) ads before and after the race.

MXjunky likes this.