1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Growing American roadracing will happen primarily outside of the US. Motoamerica, with their new app, can target everyone in Europe who has a WSBK or MotoGP account. Sure you'll only get a %, but that's where the growth will happen. Elias has brought international interest, and while small, it's a start.

turbulence and 418 like this.
  2. Same here, the casual fans I talked to that were at the track were loving it. One group of guys local to me even convinced a few more buddies to come today they thought the racing was so good. That’s certainly not a bad thing.

beac83, Banditracer, Shocker and 2 others like this.
  3. This is year 1 of ma taking production in house, networks aren’t going to jump on that without knowing the unknowns right away. They are also doing something with the other show to get a more in depth view of the racers which imo is a great way to attract casual fans.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Agreed. But overlook it. Our sport is growing. It truly is. MA is doing a fantastic job and even the club racing is getting better. Baby steps, a helpful attitude, and putting our money where our mouth is. I'm in. And I'm loving it.

turbulence, rk97, 5axis and 2 others like this.
  5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Why don't you want to agree with me? We're best friends now that we've both figured out we're friendly smartasses. Come on bro! :D

swiest152 likes this.
  6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Damn. Sorry for those guys.

7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Live timing down for anybody else?

8. Torn7th

Torn7th Well-Known Member

9. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Do the M4 Suzuki 600 have auto blip downshift? Doesn't look like they do. I guess there's no way around it if you don't have fly by wire throttle.

10. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well, let's see what fuckery today brings.

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Exciting race!

13. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

With that much scoot in a straight line, does it matter?!

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Dunlop re-visting the "language of speed" commercial. :beer:

15. drop

drop Well-Known Member

No. Fong talked about it yesterday and it was hard on him catching so many downshifts so fast he was hitting false nuetrals.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Pre-show is better than it has been. Still need more grid time and totally cut that long shot please.

They should go back and watch some of Jamie Whitham's grid walks.

17. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

They really need to train the sound crew. Failures all day today, from silent interviews, to just not having sound. They really need some work. Camera crew doing a great job. I like the mix of announcers also. If Dylan Grey figures out his visa that will also be even better.

beac83 and drop like this.
  18. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I think some of the sound issues are due to them piggy backing off the Fox Sports feed so if FS goes to commercial, everything gets quiet for the Live+.

I know GW and JP are only supposed to do the Fox Sports feed and Dylan the entire Live+ and his Visa problems left the whole crew scrambling.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Minor things. The broadcast is fantastic, onboard cams are great. I wish it was HD.

Gerloff. Damn. Feel bad for that guy.

03RumbleBee and 418 like this.
  20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

FS2 in HD here. Come on down.

Johnny B likes this.