1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Superbike re-airs at least once on FS2.

Edit: There's something called MotoAmerica Highlights on Tuesday at 7est.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Thx for the update. Hopefully they sort it out.

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Called it on page 2 bitches

ts199, Robby-Bobby and 03RumbleBee like this.
  4. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Who built his bike ?

r6boater likes this.
  5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Him and Andy palmer

r6boater likes this.
  6. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

I’m still waiting for it to pop up. After reading all about it, sounds like a good race.

7. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Baby steps, baby Jesus. Baby steps.

turbulence likes this.
  8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

American roadracing will not grow without attracting totally new fans. Pay per view will bring approximately zero neophytes into the fold. If a good percentage of the existing tiny fan base can't be bothered to pay, what hope is there with the general public? Put the product out there for free and build a customer base. The $1250 that moto america receives from club racers will not support sustainable programming.

busa99 likes this.
  9. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Thanks @Anchovie!

@drop is correct... he's been working with Andy since 2 weeks after the end of the 2018 MotoAmerica season.

Sorry it's been a hectic weekend. As previously mentioned, we did a motor swap right out of the trailer on Thursday eve. The motor he had in the bike was great on the dyno but after start-up to load, it had a bit of smoke... so rather than trash an engine, we swapped out to the spare. There were some other loose ends to tie up as well, including a forks swap.

We knew we wouldn't make FP1, so we "took our time" getting the bike ready for Q1. Unfortunately we got caught out only having slicks and no spare wheels to have rains mounted. He only did two "out laps" and that's what he didn't show anytime posted.

So, with all our eggs in the Q2 practice, he went out with no track time and only the forth time to ride this platform and ripped out a P6 qualifier and setting the highest trap speed. The bike is a rocketship!

Starting second on the grid and wanting to do well off the start, he opted to skip using the launch control and do it the old fashioned way... decent start with going into 1 in third spot.

He dropped back as far as 7th but made it back to 5th. Dumas started reeling him in despite still running good lap times and trying his hardest he dropped back to 6th and held it to the finish.

Not a bad first showing for him with some adversity to get over this weekend. Including a clip on starting to move on him (he should fire his chassis tech), running stock r6 front brake pads (corrected with some awesome SBS Dual carbons i sourced this evening) and loosing his left fork preload cap...somehow the entire assembly screwed off the damping rod, it hit him in the shoulder braking into 12, that's when Alex was able to reel him in. Fork is getting repaired in the AM before Warm-up.

So, hopefully things will go a little smoother tomorrow.

10. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I haven't been following any of this shit during the off-season, but as someone who loved Bein's coverage and was disappointed in only seeing one class yesterday, I completely agree with Dave.

I'm sure there's an explanation for this, but why would you only televise one 30 minute race in a 90 minute time slot? Why not get rid of all the fluff and show SB and SS instead? The cameras, crew, announcers, etc. are already there and doing the job anyway, what's the loss in showing actual racing instead of an hour of boring interviews? I'd think the 600 guys and their sponsors would like actual TV time as well.

I'm happy that I get to see any racing, but I miss the last few years of coming home to hours of MA, WSBK, and MotoGP on my DVR on Sunday nights. Hopefully it will be back someday.

Mot Okstef, busa99 and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. 2MM

2MM Well-Known Member

I hope you somehow get to see the first lap of the SS race.

12. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Had a great day at the track, fun watching the racing, check in here and it’s nothing but a buzz kill.

turbulence, scottn, Metalhead and 3 others like this.
  13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

For the majority of even passingly interested potential fans, two superbike races in a weekend is more than enough. Only us true nerds care about 600's, twins, and 15 year old packs of bumblebees. The majority of potential fans would be like the majority of NASCAR fans at it's peak who couldn't even be bothered to roll out of their campers to go in and watch the (Busch, Nationwide, whatever) series on Saturday. Fan couldn't tell shit for difference in the cars, but "I only care about the big boys!"

$50 for us addicts and SBK on Fox seems like a pretty sweet deal to me when it comes to attracting new fans.

turbulence likes this.
  14. 03RumbleBee

03RumbleBee Well-Known Member

Ya know what attracts new fans? Hearing existing fans of the sport constantly bitch and moan about how bad things are.

I watched as much as possible while the stream played, nearly flawlessly, for SEVEN HOURS yesterday. I even turned on FS2 on an unwatched tv to hopefully count as 2 sets of eyes. The racing was fantastic.

I am getting really tired of all this silly MotoAmerica stuff all over social media. I can barely find the cute puppy and kitten accounts I follow.

15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

This place is a downer. There were a lot of folks at the track and the few guys I spoke with outside the fence at 10 were having a good time watching close racing. That's a good thing.

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So let us review the actual results from Saturday.

SBK - Cam wins by almost 3 seconds of 2nd and 3rd, 4th 7 seconds back, 5th 31 seconds.
    600s - Gilliam wins by almost 5 seconds, places 3-5, 12-13 seconds back.
    Twins - Barnes wins by almost 5 seconds over 2nd & 3rd, 4th 9 seconds, 5th 18 seconds back.
    Jr Cup - Landers wins by 16 seconds, 3-5 17-18 seconds back.

I would say 6 bikes that could probably win is pretty good, looks like 2-3 bikes could win in the other classes.

17. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

Why is everyone saying that they can't find Bein, all you have to do is get Sling Tv.

18. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

I really don't want to agree with you. Don't make me.

The Live+ MotoAmerica is now providing is awesome. You get to watch everything with good commentating. Superbike is actually on FoxSports. The grids are decent. What is there to bitch about right now?

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Jesus I’ve never seen so many grown men bitch and moan like ovulating women before. Between here and social media it’s pathetic. Was Bein good? Yea. Kinda. But most people had never heard of it, wouldn’t have found it casually flipping through the channels, and frankly most people probably didn’t have it. I had two different services in the time it was on Bein and with both of them, I never got that channel because it was only in the top tier of programming packages. Fox and nbc are much better in that regard. Would it be nice to have 600s on tv? Sure. But reality is the 1 liters might end up being better racing this season. Last year was a 2 horse race in 600s all season and it’s already looking like this season might be the same. But yesterday we saw 6 guys in superbike battling for the lead. And at the end of the day that’s the premier class. If that’s all they could get a tv package for then so be it.

For the MAlive+, I’m actually really excited. Frankly I was really skeptical considering how choppy their other attempts at live streaming stuff has been sometimes in the past. But I turned it on 9 am yesterday and watched all day through the last race. And it was awesome. I’m sure some people had some intermittent streaming issues and I’m sure they’re working hard to fix it. But from where I sit, there are a ton of people just bitching for the sake of it because someone rolled their tampon in sand before using it.

As far as classes are concerned, for those who think twins don’t belong or are a waste of time, what about pro thunder back in the day? Or the thruxton cup? How about them having the biggest damn grid of the weekend? What about the clout some of those riders bring? An xr1200 champ and Daytona 200 winner, multi-time pikes peak winner, rbrc and moto gp wildcard rider, multi-time Suzuki cup champion, jr. cup champion, a top 3 jr. cup finisher. Need I go on? Look at the excitement just on this board about. And if you don’t think it’s helping the series, you’re delusional. Your good club racer on a budget has an opportunity to test his worth against real professionals and maybe even get some exposure to pro teams. Jr. cup guys have somewhere other than 600s to move up to (especially critical considering there are now no factory teams and limited rides in that class).

Ultimately if you’re not contributing to helping the sport grow, don’t work for a race organization, and/or are just sitting on here or Facebook bitching and complaining about how the whole moto world in America sucks then please just shut the fuck up and get the fuck out. I’m more excited about this season than I have been for pro racing in the US in over a decade. Every class has potential to have some phenomenal racing every weekend. And we have an opportunity to watch every bit of it live for dirt cheap and get some killer perks with it. And guess what? Now I can show it to other people because it’s not on some channel that I don’t have and there’s even an app so I can pull shit up on my phone to pimp it out.

Fuck, some of you people need some goddamned Prozac or something. Just shut up and enjoy the show. /end rant.

20. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

WSBK this weekend at Aragon has a grid of 18 and only 2 can actually win that race (really it's Bautista's races to lose). He won the first race by 15 seconds?

I don't get the complaint of thin MA Superbike fields when WSBK is not much deeper and has even less riders with a shot at winning...