1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08-16 R6 YEC with Translogic blipper

Discussion in 'Tech' started by EnvyCycles, Mar 31, 2019.

1. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Hey guys been told you can add just the blipper part of the Translogic system when you already have a YEC or a Flash ECU with qs activated.
    Anyone have any info on this?

2. Redlining52

Redlining52 Well-Known Member

The blip assist ECU only plugs into one of the ignition coils, it’s supposed to plug inline with the other small ECU that plugs into all 4 coils. Everything I’ve read you need both ECUs. You could always just buy the blip assist and install it and see if it works. Not sure if not having the translogic stuff inline with the other coils will affect anything. The install is pretty plug and play

3. -Eric-

-Eric- Well-Known Member

The only thing I could physically see that would keep it from working stand alone is that the shift sensor comes with the quick shifter. It gets rpm from piggybacking onto a coil and plugs into the throttle position sensor.

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Darwin. I have trans logic blip assist and qs on both my bikes. One is flash tune ecu full program (i can make changes) , other is YEC. Works great on both. Dave Weaver installed em, so i can't offer much advice...

5. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Thanks Melka, I will get with Dave this week after MA. I figured you can but will have to swapped connectors.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. cosp600rr

cosp600rr Well-Known Member

I picked up a bike recently that has a flashtuned ecu, a YEC harness and also the Translogic blip assist. It has 2 quickshifter sensors. A dynojet sensor plugged into the ecu plug for upshifts and then the Translogic for the Blip assist. Is this how both your bikes are done or do you only have one duel channel sensor plugged into both systems for upshift and downshift?

Sorry to bring up an old thread but this is the most info Ive found and a similar system to mine.

Thanks

7. MELK-MAN

not sure i follow what you are asking, but both bikes have 1 trans logic shift rod sensor, that does both qs and blip

8. cosp600rr

LOL Sorry, is your shifting ecu based? Is the translogic sensor plugged into the ecu plug for upshifting?

9. MELK-MAN

no idea on that, sorry. would need to ask Dave weaver (formerly M4 now with Tytlers) or Jordan Strange with Squid hunter..

10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I can’t say what his did, but in general, no. The Translogic has its own box it plugs into. One sensor does both push and pull (AB & QS).

11. cosp600rr

Yes, but with the translogic you can purchase just the blip assist box and run it as a stand alone system. In order to have the translogic quickshift you have to purchase a second quickshifter box and then the quickshift and blip assist would be a stand alone system. This bike currently has a dynojet sensor plugged into the ecu and the blip assist as a stand alone unit with 2 sensors. The FTecu info says with the Yec harness and the quickshifter plug you can run any shift sensor so why couldnt I use the one translogic sensor to do both upshift and downshift by plugging the side thats not currently being used into the ecu plug and eliminating the dynojet sensor?

IMG_20231015_140112410_HDR.jpg

12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I wasn’t clear in what I wrote. I have the Translogic with both on my R6. I was just indicating that the ecu is not a player. I have no idea if the FTecu QS is compatible with the Translogic sensor.

13. OutOfSpec

OutOfSpec eccentric thousandaire

Just to clarify: Translogic has two separate but similar looking products - they have a quickshifter module/ecu which you can get an autoblipper addon ecu (for this, autoblip REQUIRES one of the quickshifter modules, otherwise it wont work), as well as a standalone autoblipper module that can run in parallel with an ECU-based quickshifter setup. (as it sounds like you have). Product SKUs ending in -ECU need some other part of their 'intellishift' system to work, products ending in -DCS are standalone. idk if the product code is printed somewhere 'hidden' on the ECU box, but from the outside I think the ECU boxes even look the same. So... just so people aren't talking past one another if they have translogic boxes for both QS/AB, or only AB, both can work - it just depends what else has been done to the bike to make everything work together.

With respect to your strange dual quickshifter sensors setup that you posted in your other thread: that is wacky and totally unnecessary. As long as one of those sensors is a push/pull type, you can route the push or pull side of the sensor to the input connector for the autoblip, and then route the pull or push side of the sensor to the wiring harness QS plug. Your bike probably has the ~2-3" long sensor-to-harness adapter already installed (i think it has a triangle-y looking yamaha connector on one side, and flat rectangular connector on the other for one of the connectors coming off the quickshifter sensor). And of course, ditch the extra sensor and fit an appropriate length shift rod.

However the QS/AB system is setup (whether it's ECU-based QS + Translogic AB, or both Translogic) the sensors all work the same way. Neither QS or AB signal should "see" the other; neither QS or AB system should 'care' what the other is doing. Which is also why you can swap the push/pull leads of a dual-sensor to accommodate GP or standard shifting.

I'd bet there is high likelihood that the prev owner didn't really know what they were doing, low likelihood that 2x sensors was purposeful decision: one of the pull/push functions was dead on the dual-sensor, and a second one-way sensor was a kludge to workaround that. Which, is... fine?.. I guess, but a better solution would be to just get a single push/pull sensor that works.

You can check the sensor functions with a multimeter like this: https://dynojet.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...problems-OHM-Meter-Static-Configuration-Tests OR you can check the function using the Autoblip box: Plug one side of the sensor push/pull wiring into the autoblip input connector. Turn the bike ignition on, leave the engine off. Pull or push on the shift lever, you should see the green LED on the translogic box light up for the corresponding shift action. To check the other direction of pull/push, swap the connector from the sensor into the Translogic box, the LED should again light up for the opposite direction of shift action.

I have a 2017 R6, stock ECU, FTEcu flash, ECU-based quickshifter enabled, and the standalone Translogic AB system. One single push/pull sensor and everything plays well together. LMK if you want any clarification about this, or if I can answer any other setup or troubleshooting questions.

MELK-MAN and cosp600rr like this.
  14. cosp600rr

@OutOfSpec Thank you so much!!! This is exactly the info I was looking for and your explanation makes all the sense in the world.

MELK-MAN likes this.