1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to dispose of dead leathers?

Discussion in 'General' started by WolFeYeZ, Apr 5, 2019.

1. WolFeYeZ

WolFeYeZ Active Member

I was cut out of my favorite Dainese leathers last year. Not really looking to fix them as they had already been repaired plenty. Wife wont let me hang them on the wall. Trash, recycle or reuse somehow?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Trash.

You can get a new wife. ;)

badmoon692008, Steady T, joec and 5 others like this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Im going to go ahead and say it anyways....................HANG THEM ON THE WALL................you got this!!:D

badmoon692008, 5axis and Wingnut like this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Eff that.
    Hire a custom leather worker guy to make a sweet purse for your wife.
    Spend lots of money and make sure to tell her what it cost, so she'll have to use it. And make sure to tell her it's so she'll think of you half as much as you think of her.

Edit....oh the obligitory....need pics of the wife to decide how to handle this....:D

Steady T, Wingnut and Phl218 like this.
  5. WolFeYeZ

WolFeYeZ Active Member

She is my Crew Cheif and is amazing. So that's not happening. The crash occurred right in front of her, was damn gnarly and broke my femur and hip. She also got to take care of me the last 6 months of recovering, 4 months not walking. The suit kinda brings up bad memories, which is 100% understandable.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

All the more reason to make a purse out of them.

Or a leather mini skirt.

:D

5axis and brex like this.
  7. WolFeYeZ

WolFeYeZ Active Member

I kinda like this purse idea. Or maybe a murse or fanny pack?

8. britx303

The suit shows what you've been through and overcome. I have all my gnarlied up gear from a horrible highside that left me hospitalised and laid up for over a month. She likes the reminder too. But me and my gurl are a bit macabre like that.

9. britx303

Oooh the purse is actually a kickass idea!!

10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Maybe a nice coin purse she can keep your balls in? :D

But really, trash can

motion and TurboBlew like this.
  11. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I used some of the leather that my daughter was wearing when she had to be cut out to make a phone case. It was pretty cool.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Make some assless chaps and wear them proudly.

Robin172 likes this.
  13. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Stretch them out in front of the fireplace like a bearskin rug and bang chicks on them.

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Donate 'em.
    Track medics use old leathers to practice long cuts with those scissors.

15. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Check around, you will find a bar, restaurant, go kart joint that would love to hang them on the wall.
    Or what britx303 said, hang them on YOUR wall and it's a guaranteed conversation starter.

extremely_slow likes this.
  16. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Find a local leather worker and make some key chains out of swatches from the leathers. Cut a section out and make a shadow box with a picture of you on the track. Dog collars. Bikini-cut swimsuit for the beach.

Lots of possibilities.

17. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Find a female mannequin & pose it as if it's riding a bike....dress it in your f'd up leathers. Use fishing line to stitch together wherever they cut/tore, but leave a wee 1/2 -1 inch gap where it's evident the cuts were made.
    Hang her from the ceiling.

Buy your wife a baseball bat & cover it in the leg/arm of your f'd up suit... pinata time for wife.

Videotape & post here, that'd be fun.

18. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

The guy says a leather mini skirt and ya'll go purse idea? I vote mini skirt, the ones that you can see the cheeks on the backside, pictures helps.

ChemGuy likes this.
  19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Only answer worth reading.

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Damn. I’ve never even had a crew chief, and this dude banged his. Impressive.