1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Joker

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Apr 3, 2019.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Whatcha think? A bit of a new take on an old classic.....

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I think this comic book stuff stopped being interesting a loooooong time ago.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

looks meh. would have rather seen Jarett Leno play the character. story seems like meh, everything meh.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Perhaps....as a matter of fact, from what I heard ALOT of footage of Jared Leto never made it off the cutting room floor in Suicide Squad. Like you could have literally made an entire extra film from all the footage they shitcanned of him. I don't recall if there was a director's extended cut that included it all. But they said it was a real shame how limited his actual screen time in the film was.

But, having said that, I kind of like idea of this adaptation of the Joker. Not someone born into a life of crime from the get go, but instead a broken and battered man that eventually snaps. Kind of a more interesting premise I think.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Is he a mix of Keith Jarrett and Jay Leno ? Or did you mean Jared Leto ? :D

Circacee, Cawk Star and Robby-Bobby like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

I had that originally but was like nah it's not, but I really didn't care to look it up either, so there's that.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Isn't that premise of most of these comic/superhero/villian characters?

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

That role was purpose built for Heath Ledger. Nobody else will do it justice. Even in death he owns the Joker.

DrA5, track wagon, mike574 and 4 others like this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’d watch that!

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

i thought it was about Marquez

Jedb, crazymofo, 969 and 5 others like this.
  11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I think someone is not far away from a banning.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid::stupid:

IMHO, The Dark Knight was probably THE best superhero movie thus far, and one of the top movies overall.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Lot of folks are comparing this new take to Taxi Driver in the cinematography and overall progression of the characters sanity.......and Scorsese did have some involvement in the production as well as DeNiro having a role in the film.

I think it's going to completely bomb, and looks about as exciting as anything else pumped out by the DC machine in recent years.....

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah man, I miss the good old days with no impunity.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

suicide squad wasn't terrible. i guess I also had very low expectations for it. but i'm no comic book fanboi. I watch most of it, but there's a bunch of marvel movies that I've missed well because I don't care much :)

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

you missed the rules change....along with Triump 765 triple engines in Moto2, non motorcycle videos are now allowed outside the Official Youtube Thread in General.

17. NemesisR6

You and I saw two very different movies....

As far as how it sits in my comic-book-to-movie pantheon, it's probably sitting even with The Punisher........with Dolph Lundgren.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Does that rank above or below the Thomas Jane Punisher?

NemesisR6 likes this.
  19. NemesisR6

Below......but not much. That movie was a bit of a pile as well.

20. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I'm a big fan of the Avengers and the whole MCU for the most part (not so much Guardians of the Galaxy)

However, the best MCU move will never hold a candle to the Nolan Batman trilogy. The Dark Knight is on a level so Earth-shatteringly high that even people who hate comic book movies found themselves saying it's one of the best movies ever. The Dark Knight Rises was awesome, but the Dark Knight still eclipses it overall. Heath Ledger will forever be the ultimate Joker.........seriously.

track wagon and BigBird like this.