1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glove recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by maslov, Apr 2, 2019.

1. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

So my last two pairs of gloves wore through in the fingertips from clutch and break levers. I’ve had both for about 2 seasons... that said what’s everyone recommending there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Love my onex

maslov likes this.
  3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

If you like the gloves, send them somewhere for repairs. Maybe ask for an extra layer of thin leather at the wear points. My Astar gloves have ripped too many seams in simple crashes so I switched to Heroic and I like them. Expensive, but I like them,

4. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Good point... I’ve considered that at first... but figured i need a new pair anyway and am willing to try something new. Will definitely look to reinforce the fingertips... or install auto blip... ha

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Five gloves, are worth the money

Metalhead likes this.
  6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I can't say enough good about Held. I've had mine for 9 years for both street and track use and they are still holding and looking great !

Phl218, sheepofblue, Jedb and 2 others like this.
  7. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Those look good... From looking at STG review I see that it looks like there’s an extra layer in the fingertips

cha0s#242 likes this.
  8. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Oxford RP-1.
    $100 but has as much quality as gloves twice the price.

maslov likes this.
  9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Just picked up a set of Alpinestars GP-Pro R2 gloves and love them.

10. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

RS Taichi all day every day. finest gloves i ever had. A* always fit me well, but they also always fall apart... seams pre-maturely busting, in one case leather just just wore thru with zero actual damage or accidents. their QC sucks.

11. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Must be that Italian leather... your A* story is exactly what I’m describing here on my Dainese

12. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I've had my Held Phantom II gloves for the past 4 years using them both on the street and the track (primarily track now) and they still are holding up amazingly well. Even crashed in them and they are still structurally sound. Whenever I decide to replace them, it will be with the Held Titan Evo just for the bridged pinky (I sprained my pinky in my last crash from it bending backward).

On the flip side, I've only been able to get 1-2 years max out of A* gloves (mainly street riding) before they would start coming apart on me.

maslov likes this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Held. I loved by Phantoms but the newer Titan Evo doesn't fit my hand right, so I am trying the new Racer High Speed glove. I hope it holds up in a crash as well as my Phantoms did, but I am doubtful. Actually I am really hoping I don't have to find out. Crashing sucks.

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The quality on A* stuff went down the drain around 7 years ago and never recovered. I don't buy their shit anymore.

15. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

That's not what I want to hear, what makes the Titan Evo fit differently than the Phantom?

My Phantom II's have been the best fitting glove I've ever used.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

For whatever reason, the leather bunches up on the pads at the top of my palms just below the fingers. It wasn't bad when the gloves were new, but got worse over time as the gloves broke in and the leather in that area apparently stretched a bit. This took 2 years before it got bad enough that I decided to get a different pair of gloves to due to the folded leather creating blisters / callousing in that area. I wore my Phantoms for probably 4 years and never had this issue.

17. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Held. Just make sure you clean and/or condition the kangaroo palms if you sweat a lot.

18. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Had the exact same issue with the Titan Evos, bunching up around the palms and being a nuisance. Couldn't overlook the issue, likewise with the Handroids.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Knox Handroids have been my all time favorite.

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I really like my A* whatever they are, GP PRO K TECH maybe?...

I did just score a pair of new without box, Spidi Carbo track gloves for $100, and these things feel amazing. They don't have the seams in the fingers like most gloves. And they go with my Spidi evo replica suits.

maslov likes this.