1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 R6 Turns over but no spark???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by RRRepsolRider, Apr 1, 2019.

1. RRRepsolRider

RRRepsolRider Well-Known Member

Working with an 08 R6. Installed a Woodcraft key delete, had Bauce Racing flash the ECU, kickstand has been removed, block off plates installed and Akra full exhaust installed.

My problem is I’m not getting any spark. Curious as to what would be holding it back from getting spark?? Fuel pump kicks on as soon as the switch hits run. I’m stuck at the moment. Not finding the diagnostic mode on here.

Any help is gratefully appreciated. TIA

2. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

Did it run before you just installed parts? Or this is what's on bike? If it's parts you just installed I'd swap back one at a time to see if you eliminate problem.

3. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

Except ecu if only one you have kinda bites.

4. RRRepsolRider

Bought the bike but it didn’t come with keys. Installed the key delete myself and had the ECU flashed and sent back. I’m sure it’s something simple but I’m not onto what as of yet.

5. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Did you jump the side stand connector? I forget if it kills spark or fuel (pretty sure its spark), but you need to do that.

6. triplestrong

And why didn't it come with keys? Am I giving advise to a known felon?

7. RRRepsolRider

I had the stand connector fixed but the flash has it set so that it doesn’t need it.

Bought the bike off a guy knowing he had lost the keys. Not a big deal since it’s a track only machine.

As of now it’s showing codes 11, 13, 15, 17, 21, 22, 23, 30, 41, 50, 59 & 70.

[​IMG]

That’s what the dash shows. When I checked the diag codes, it showed all those above.

8. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Toss the Woodcraft key delete in the trash and wire the bike to run keyless correctly. You need to be able to access the DIAG mode, and you can't do that with with the Woodcraft harness.

For example, 17 is the EXUP code. The flashed ECU shouldn't show that. And a lot of those codes are what happens when you apply power to a bike that doesn't have the sub-harness for the TB and the clock attached.

30 is the bank angle sensor and so is 41. If that's connected and functioning properly, it needs to be verified and cleared.

50 is a bad one, but probably still not your problem. You won't know until you lose the Woodcraft harness and clear what you can.

drop likes this.
  9. triplestrong

I used the Woodcraft delete a long time ago (once) and ditched it when I realized it kept you from clearing codes. But, I though you could still enter DIAG mode with it. Been awhile. Just dump it and wire properly.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019