1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting your pet to sleep...

Discussion in 'General' started by forceten, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I named all my dogs Casey, they didn't care and it was easy for me. Casey 1 and Casey 3 were mutts (the best!) and Casey 2 was a beast of a Chesapeake Retriever. 2 of the 3 got the diabetes...WTF! I never heard of that before. After thousands of dollars in insulin (you got to pay the full price for dogs) I finally had to do the dirty deed. They were suffering, blind and couldn't hold their pee. I hate to say it but I've given up on dogs...I can't handle it, hurts too much. God bless all you with the stamina to deal with it.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Man that sucks. Sorry about your friend. R.I.P little girl.

3. Venom51

I just have to do the math. She was with us 3 years. That's 1095 days. 6 of those were bad days. That's still a lot of happiness.

AC1108 and mike-guy like this.
  4. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

sorry i can!t read this stuff my dogs and cat are almost like my kids. destroys me to loose one!

5. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

I can’t go through it again. I love having a dog but the grief and feeling of loss is way too much for me to handle again. This is the second time for me, first time was my first family dog that I grew up with from 7-20yrs old. Both times I stayed in the room and it just tears me apart to think about it but it’s impossible not to. I know time will make it less painful but it’ll never heal.

6. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

Just had to put down my 14 and half year old Vizsla last week that I had since she was 6 weeks old. She was having bad dementia especially when I was out of town, but after a few weeks on different meds she just was miserable and couldn't make it down two stairs the two days before I took her in. I sat next to her when they put her down and it was the calmest she had been in awhile. It's really hard being in a house and not having a constant shadow follow you.

I feel guilty some days for not trying more options and guilty on the other days for not doing it sooner.

[​IMG]

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

What a sweet looking girl. Sorry for your loss. :(

8. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sorry for your loss, Jake. After losing our Annabelle last month, my wife and I have agreed that we just can't go through it again. After my girl Kiki goes, no more pets for us. Life will not be as full, but we'll always have our memories.

10. Venom51

Please reconsider. There is still a lot more joy than there is pain.

G 97, Banditracer and R Acree like this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

IMHO, the only thing worse than having to let them go is a life without them.

Venom51 likes this.
  12. Venom51

As hard as loosing 2 in 8 weeks was I wouldn't give up the other 1000+ days of walks, play time, chair buddies, the ever wiggling butts and happiness that greets you from a shit day at the office. There are just too many good days and good things to go without them.

Dragginass likes this.
  13. Venom51

That's the grey face of a long happy life. Know that she was happiest by your side. Just as you were with her there. R.I.P little girl.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  14. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Sorry for your loss Jake

15. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.

As much as it sucks dealing with letting go of your old pup, there were many years of great companionship. After a break I'll start looking for a GSP or Vizsla breeder around here since I can't imagine raising my now 11 month old kid without a dog around.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

So sorry for your loss. Pets truly are a blessing.

flygirl likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed but nothing wrong with taking a few off to grieve.

18. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

First I want to say I’m so sorry for you and yours loss. It’s painful and there is no getting around that pain. I lost two recently. One was 18 yrs old. I was there both times by their side and it was done in my home. No regrets on being with them till the end. They deserved that in my opinion. Everyone handles death differently . Prayers and hugs

19. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Year before last, both my daughters lost their dogs. I told them both the same thing, “Dogs are the best thing ever, then they die, and it’s the worst thing ever”
    That people live 80 years, and dogs live 10-15, is one of life’s greatest disappointments...

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I just posted a video in the Youtube thread for all us dog lovers. Didn't dare put it here and get the ban hammer.