1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Fear the Bacon

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Mar 29, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Who ever feared Kevin Bacon?

The salt and saturated fats are still not good for you.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Also both myths. They're fine. Your body needs salt, and saturated fats are necessary for lots of important body functions. The killers are the PUFA's, the Poly Unsaturated Fatty Acids that cause so much chronic inflammation, which is the real cause of heart disease and other ailments. PUFAs are mostly prevalent in the so-called "healthy" fats like vegetable oil, corn oil, soybean oil, canola oil (which were REALLY pushed because they were very profitable).

https://paleoleap.com/many-dangers-of-excess-pufa-consumption/

4. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

I thought this was another 'Broome' thread

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

While I concur they are necessary, many people consume way too much of them.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

All you have to do is look to which product isn't selling well to find out which one is declared healthy for you this week. If they can't produce enough it will suddenly be unhealthy. As with anything else...follow the money.

GRH likes this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Broccoli eat enough and you will kill yourself, stuff is deadly and smells like death when cooked.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Huh? You don't think they're selling enough bacon?

9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I've long held the belief that sugar is the real issue, causing inflamation. "Fake" foods just suck for your body. I know there are lots of other issues like GMO and antibiotics, however I simply don't believe you can go wrong with eating the basic food groups. That whole thing we older farts were taught as kids. My daughter is heavily into working out and every morning I make her and my son a fairly big breakfast of two scrambled eggs w/some cheese, turkey sausage and a meat or veggie. I've switched from eating a basic cereal (Cheerios or Honey bunches of oats) to eggs and a fruit. Man, I feel so much better. My gut always churned for an hour or two after breakfast. Now I'm ready to get on with my day and not feel like I have to sh*t every hour.

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Sugar is the devil and it is SO HARD to eliminate from your life. I am trying but failing

12. Venom51

If sugar was the culprit I'd be dead. I consume enough HFCS daily to keep a small village up for days. Sugar isn't inherently evil either.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There's still time. You can talk like that when you're in your 80s. Right now, you haven't made it far enough to claim that it did nothing to you.

R Acree likes this.
  14. Fonda Dix

I am going to defer to the Science vs "guy on the WERA board" for now. :)

15. Venom51

Who said I have any intention of hitting my 80's? You have seen my type it here. I have seen the "Golden years" and in most cases they should be called the "Lead years".

What can you point to on the planet that "does nothing to you"? Can't even breathe the air without it having an impact on your health. We create an awful lot of boogie men to scare people into particular behaviors. Most ignore one specific fact. No one gets off the planet alive.

scottn likes this.
  16. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

The sugar industry paid for studies (60s/70s) that "proved" fat was bad, we got margarine out of that fiasco. That cycle is running in every direction now and its real hard to believe anything anymore. Trying to stay away from overly processed foods, it aint easy....

17. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll be 52 this year and after many years of bacon and eggs, steak and hamburger and all the other good stuff my cholesterol has finally caught up with me. It was good while it lasted.

18. Fonda Dix

forget the "science"

I feel shitty and lethargic when I consume sugar. For that reason alone I want it gone.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not giving up eggs and bacon anytime soon. I'm just saying don't claim victory too soon.

20. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

And even then, if it were natural cane sugar we'd be far better off than this bleached out, processed crap or God forbid high fructose corn syrup.

stk0308 likes this.