1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gluten free

Discussion in 'General' started by devitto, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Download the "Find Me Gluten Free" App. After dealing with this for a few years, my wife has it as well, it's become fairly easy to manage except when trying to eat out. Cross contamination is a real issue. The easiest thing to do if you live a fairly healthy lifestyle, is for both of you two switch to a paleo/keto style diet.

2. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD.

There are numerous reasons that Chipotle is a bad idea for me - Today's episode of gut wrenching and leg shaking pain is brought to you not by the pre-chipotle yoga, but by gluten cross contamination from last nights dinner.

I feel like death would be a release.

Anyways:
    Anyone with celiac ever use the Nima sensor? I think it's time to start testing my food instead of my pain tolerance.

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Taco Bell > Chipotle.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How? Tortillas on the grill?

5. CausticYarn

I suspect the cheese/lettuce since they grab it with their hands after feeling up the tortillas.

I just get the bowls - their entire menu is gluten free aside from the tortillas.

6. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

Hoax, mental or what, my wife and daughter both do not eat gluten for dietary reasons. For the longest time my daughter had horrible, run you out of the room gas ALL the time. The change in diet has cured this. I can tell when she has been cheating because the stinky gas returns. My wife complains about the cramping/bloating after eating gluten and she DOES NOT over eat anything. My wife cooks/has always cooked>95% of our meals that are made with minimally processed foods. They eat NOT sandwiches/burgers using lettuce for the bun.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s not a hoax, nor is it mental. Some of it can probably be attributed to the wrong kind of gut bacteria, which can be manipulated to a point, but gluten and other sensitivities are certainly a real thing.

8. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

I'm not doubting it one bit. MY experience lends credibility to my belief. DO NOT feed my daughter a doughnut and go for a car ride with her. Kind of sucks because that used to be a dad treat to go get doughnuts for the kids on Sunday morning or to make pancakes. I have not found a suitable GF replacement for either.

9. CausticYarn

I dunno - I don't remember the taste of real pancakes - but the Bisquick Gluten Free cakes are acceptable to me.

I have had a bit of success with this brand for gluten free treats - but as I said - I really don't remember what gluteny goodness tastes like.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Check out Bob's Red Mill products if you're looking for GF mixes. Spendier than Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines, but AFAIK you won't find any alum in Bob's stuff.

11. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I don't have a weak digestive system. I dated a girl with celiac and that's some series shit. The beer had to be the most disgusting drink I'd ever had! I feel for you guys. Sorry you have to go thru that.

12. CausticYarn

Weak digestive system???

Its an autoimmune disease that used to kill people. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

What does he know? He thinks it's "some series shit." :Poke:

TX Joose likes this.
  14. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

CAUGHT :D

15. CausticYarn

I could go into details of the purge process I just endured at the hands of cross-contamination from my food last night if it would help... /s :)

Someone made my food with hands that previously touched a flour tortilla and I am dying. That is how bad this shit is.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

17. CausticYarn

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner