1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F150 advice

Discussion in 'General' started by Lavana, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

13 Lariat with a 3" front & 5.5" Bell Tech drop. It was too low so I switched to a 2" front and 4" back drop and it's better now. I have 62K miles on it and when pushed hard on back roads it's fun until the understeer starts :eek: and I'm reminded that it's over 5000 lbs. F150 river 2016.jpg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    Phl218 likes this.
  2. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I think you’re both right. The 3.5 turbo was direct injected from 2011-2016. In 2017 they added port injection in addition to direct injection as LossPrev said.

The 5.0 was port injected from 2011-2017, then in 2018 they added DI to that engine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Lavana

Lavana The coming

I have a 13 v8 half cab. What you have now. While it’s nice how it opens, it’s a pain in the ass to put the kid inside with a car seat specially with a car next to you. The door needs to open the regular way.

I find it hard to pay 40k for a regular Xlt. That’s why I was thinking 25k and no more.

4. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

For about another 6K you could find a New RAM Tradesman 2500 4X4 Crew Cab... I bought mine new at the end of the year a couple years ago for 32K. Deals are out there.... Has everything I need engine, trans ect.. just no carpet or GPS Bells and Whistles ect...

6. tito

tito Well-Known Member

I have a 2015 xl sport. I love it, however after driving it for a year, I would much rather have the XLT, there are two upgrades I would love to have, electronic seats as the manual adjustments sit high., and backup camera. as someone said, you can switch out or add anything to it, however 1st you have to find the pars to switch to, and then get it to work.
    with that beign said I love my truck. super crew, short bed, 4x4, v6 (the small one). does everything I need it to do.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

A 150 is a poser truck best suited for determining just how much shit you can throw at it before it breaks. Beat that thing like a long-lost red-headed Toyota. Better yet, buy the Toyota. Thinking "shortbed 150" is a tell-tale sign you're not really looking for a truck.

If you want to spend $20K-$25K on a truck, then BUY A TRUCK.
    If you want something that doesn't have a buncha e-stuff to go wrong, get jacked, go limp or otherwise suck on the teat of nanny-state agendas, get ya an ol' 7.3 F350...WITH AN EIGHT FOOT BED!!! You'll have money left over and a truck that will last longer, even if it's already 15-20 years old.

My work here is done.
    :D

8. xTomKx

xTomKx Well-Known Member

I have a 17 F150 Limited 3.5 ecoboost. It's my daily driver, comfortable and good looking, fits a bike with the tailgate down, tows my 25ft toyhauler on race weekends. Gets 19mpg commuting. If I want to go faster I need to switch to the Sport mode and the truck is a rocket.

Great truck IMO.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

if you must know, you know the answer already

Chrysler Pacifica, Town and Country if you want used. You're welcome

renegade17 likes this.
  10. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Hopefully they resolved their timing chain issues.

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Supposedly fixed with the 2016 MY.