1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mueller report is out....kind of

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Motofun352, Mar 22, 2019.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Come on man. Now you’re just being pissy.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll look into them more if I have time. Can see how both could be bad programs or set up badly. Granted I feel that way about the majority of government funded programs so I am biased towards removing them...

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am curious Joe - how did you feel about OMB's revamping the VA healthcare setup?

sheepofblue likes this.
  4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Sounds like there is some evidence, just not enough to convict or move forward. Not my words, just what I'm reading on-line.

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I have a close friend in NV who was in Afghanistan. The VA there is a horror fest. It is horrible and he is literally dying because of it. He contracted MRSA at the VA there and has had several bouts of it. His doc flat out told him, sorry but you won't live a normal lifetime due to the radiation poising you got in combat from firing artillery. I told him 2 years to GTFO and move somewhere with a better VA. They are finally looking to move to Cali. Then I have a para friend in AL near Anniston and the VA there does a pretty good job of helping him. It seems care varies drastically from VA to VA. But, they all say nothing has really changed in years. Bush didn't really improve things, neither did Obama and so far neither has Trump. My girlfriend drives up to the Asheville VA and her care has been hit or miss. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. She did not get a good vibe at the Greenville VA so she makes the drive North. But then a local friend says he get's good care at the Greenville VA. It does seem the VA attracts a lower caliber doctor though since it's nearly impossible for a doc to get fired from the VA and their paperwork system protects them.

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Not my words. Just adding a quote that was in the report.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you're reading people who won't accept that there is nothing there to prove what they were looking for. That seems silly to me. If there is evidence then you use it and prosecute, if there isn't you don't.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I read the report. That's all *anyone* knows outside of Mueller and Barr.

No evidence was presented to suggest there was Trump-Russia collusion.

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Find out when the Dems drag him into the room. My interpretation was these are vague and maybe hard to prove allegations and it is up to Barr to determine the way forward. Kick the can! Barr, say no way, no obstruction.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they're that hard to prove then why piss away the money? Did Russia try to influence things - well duh, just like we do there. Was Trump involved? Sure doesn't seem like it. Hell, I'm not even sure why this is an issue since it's not like they'd really prefer Trump to Hillary. They've bought her off before and know her price.

11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

You just made a firsthand (or maybe second in this case) argument against the government having any involvement whatsoever in the heathcare industry.
    The government at it's best is inefficient and overpriced. Add in theft and waste and you have the perfect storm of incompetence and corruption.

StaccatoFan and VFR#52 like this.
  12. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Inhale
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

It's time to accept the election and get on with running the country. If an adversarial prosecutor and team could find nothing against Trump, then kudos to him and btw, there is the door.

The other side of me says, nah, let's go after everyone that created this travesty from Obama on down to the stenographer that recorded the FISA hearing to every congressperson that claimed there was evidence and every newsman that perpetuated this after it was discovered the dossier was fake. Okay, maybe parole or a pardon for the steno.

Has anyone checked on Handicapped???

kangasj likes this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Why should it be Federally Funded? Serious Question.

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Even with the problems at some VA's, my vet friends still stay in the system because private care as we all know is even more costly and getting worse every year. Keeping myself healthy after being paralyzed is a daily chore but I do it for fear of ending up back in the hospital. I have to plan every single day around my condition.

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

crickets

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Why shouldn't it? Shall we simply cast those away who suffer a disability or disease like CP, ALS or MS which the funding helps those too? It's a whopping 0.00014% of Trump's total proposed budget.

From the Christopher Reeves Foundation:

On March 11, President Trump released his proposed FY 2020 budget and, for the third straight year, the Administration has proposed eliminating the Paralysis Resource Center (PRC).

Since its founding in 2002, the PRC has helped millions of individuals and families impacted by paralysis access information, receive direct mentoring and support, and participate in grant-funded programs that improve their quality of life. There is no other program or agency that provides the same level of expertise and support for individuals living with spinal cord injury, MS, ALS, cerebral palsy, stroke and other forms of paralysis.

Paralysis is not like any other disability or disease. It requires specialized resources to help individuals live a productive, active and full life. Despite its proven success, the Administration’s budget continues to overlook the PRC’s tremendous value and puts the only centralized resource for the greater paralysis community at risk to be eliminated.

Funding for the Paralysis Resource Center represents just .011 percent of the entire budget for the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), and .00014 percent of Trump’s total proposed budget. An attempt to save funds cannot be at the expense of the millions who rely on the PRC’s life-saving services, especially when the program represents a small fraction of the total budget.

Thankfully, the PRC has broad bipartisan support and Congress makes the final funding decisions. In fact, Reps. Jim Langevin (D-RI) and Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) are currently circulating a letter in support of level funding for the PRC at $8.7 million.

The success of the PRC is unparalleled – just ask the hundreds of thousands of people who are living and thriving as a result of this vital lifeline. Simply put, the PRC is smart federal funding at work—a good investment considering the significant and vast resources offered by a small (yet mighty) team at the Reeve Foundation. Eliminating or reallocating its funding is not only potentially harmful to many, it will inevitably cost our government more and create a dangerous void in support for families impacted by paralysis.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Everybody has a cow, nobody wants theirs to be gored...

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more