1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There’s an old dash cam of a guy that spits on a cop from the back seat. The cop slams on the brakes, gets out, pulls the guy out, you hear some scuffling, then he’s tossed back into the car. He sits up and he has his shirt pulled up over his face.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The term used ad nauseam in my CJ classes was “slippery slope”.

3. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Y'all are sleeping.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

IMO, so is letting the criminals run roughshod over law enforcement. From my perspective that slope appears slipperier and steeper.
    I know this is 100% opinion but I would far rather see criminals get fucked over than cops...

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

But the problem you run into is that “criminals” is such a subjective term.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

True. When I say criminal I am not talking 35 MPH in a 30 MPH zone, jaywalking, or any shit like that. The spitter did not really seem to fall in that category though. Not sure what he did to get cuffed but his comments and demeanor while cuffed indicated to me that society would be better without him in it.
    Personally I would like to see a fair bit of leeway given to situations like this one but less of the "blue brotherhood" bullshit when it is apparent that the cop fucked up badly or that it is a dirty cop. There will always be some subjectivity in the process but if it is what I would consider a grey area I will side with the cop before the scumbag.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The guy was piss drunk and had been arrested for getting in a bar fight. He could be a total shithead, or he could have been in a fight with one of the cop’s buddies and is now getting arrested while the other guy goes free.

Our justice system, while better than most countries, is still a disaster and is extremely unfair in how it’s applied. Some of it is due to police behavior, and at the same time, some police behavior is due to it.

I’m not sure what the answer is, but I’m pretty certain it’s not giving the police more leeway.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, given the criminals more leeway sure as fuck hasn't been much help...

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Define criminal

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A person commiting acts in violation of laws established by a duly elected congress and signed into law by a duly elected chief executive.

How's that?

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How about your definition?

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That is the definition.

Don't like it, take it up with Merriam-Webster

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You two are like soul brothers. :crackup:

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you on a watch list or something? You sure are toeing the party line a lot lately. :crackup:

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

7D17CCB0-04D1-4760-9611-30695A29B7A4.jpeg

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I'm really Blart, I stole his login just to fuck with you. :crackup:

SpeedyE, TXFZ1 and XFBO like this.
  17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well, "ilikebigbutts" wasn't really that hard to crack.

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No shortage of those where I am right now...

1:20 and counting at the fucking DMV...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, it is reality. Cops get more training all the time and are way better than they used to be. Trying to blame them for a good shoot however is just silly shit that will do nothing to improve anything.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Cops do get more training all the time, and I guess you could say they’re “better”, but it makes things worse for the rest of us. I don’t have time right now to expound, but I’ll get to it later.