1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minimalist wallet suggestions.....

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Mar 21, 2019.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Just because it's fun..I actually have one of these. Not currently using it..but I just LOVE the movie.

https://www.bmfwallets.com/

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Damn...i may need to switch it up. Looking at my wallet now and well, it's big. Guess that's a Costanza.

My commuting passes, work ID and CCs make it tough

Sent from my smatrfone

3. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I have this one too. License, debit card, and company credit card plus a few bills is hardly noticeable. I went with the strap instead of the money clip, seemed like it would be thinner.

Only regret I have is cheating out and not getting the titanium one.

5. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

BigBird likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

i ordered the nylon one. let's see how it goes.

7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I use a binder clip. That’s it. I stick old business cards on the ends to avoid scratching the magnetic strip on cards.

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Mine has the money clip and I will be ordering a new one with the band. It works much better. The titanium one in ok. I went with the aluminum and like it just as well. The weight savings is very minimal.

10. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

The strap has held up well. I was worried it would get stretched over time but it is just fine. I was only looking at the titanium for looks, I like the way it looks after it’s heated up.

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

No money in my wallet...I keep my bills as close to my nutsack as possible.

[​IMG]

12. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

BigBird and sdiver like this.
  13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Thanks, very similar to the Tumi I use but much more cost effective. Just ordered 1.

14. Trunxgp1224

Mine is a "meedo" brand but I'm sure they are all the same Chinese manufacturer. It's seen better days but for going on 3 years and less than $10 I have zero complaints and won't hesitate to buy another and I'm super hard on my wallets. I know the RFID blocker thingy works on mine because hotel keys and my employee badge don't work while in my wallet.

List of a bunch of similar minimalist wallets.
    https://www.amazon.com/Mens-Card-Cases/b/ref=dp_bc_aui_T1_6?ie=UTF8&node=2503686011

The one I bought, no longer available.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H8W1TJS/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

15. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Love this. Question . With taking the cards in and out, over time, do the slots start to get "wore out" per say and the cards fall out?

Same question.. I love these styles, and fixing to purchase something.

16. I have two, each about 10 years old. Cards don’t fall out.

On the second question - my ass is not numb, so I’ve never had a problem :)

OTOH, the huge wallet I have to carry here in Europe to hold cash, coins, and cards causes pain if I sit on it :(

17. Trunxgp1224

If I shake the hell out of the wallet they'll eventually fall out, but I've never had one fall out from aggressive wear and tear. I crawl under vehicles and trailers all the time with no issues, I'll toss the wallet into the car/truck or somewhere in the house and never have an issue. Some of the faux leather as started to peel but none of the stitching has come apart and no integrity issues. I'll get another 1 or 2 years out of it, maybe 3; but for the $8 I paid I'll take a wallet that lasts 4-6 years.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

So I got the Allett wallet recommended by @Once a Wanker.. and it's very well constructed. I got the nylon version with ID and it should serve my purposes. The only thing I had to get rid of the kids pics in the wallet, but with phones now, it's fine.

The only issue that i have is that it doesn't close on it's own, maybe because I still have a lot of stuff, so I had to use my daughter's hair tie.

It's definitely smaller, to the point I look like I'm feeling up myself at the checkout line, just to make sure I didn't forget my wallet. Definitely a worthwhile purchase.

19. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

As a former member of the Costanza club, I’ve been using the Ridge Wallet & love it.
    Www.Ridgewallet.com

20. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I like the industrial design of the Ridge, but seems to me the metal "sandwich" ends are already awfully thick for what that actually have to do? Seems like they could get away having them half the thickness and still serve the same purpose.

Also, the carbon model is really just metal (aluminum) with carbon cover plates? Seems to defeat the purpose.

Wonder if any retailers carry it so I can hold it in the hand first?