1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Remember folks, we still have a week till next round. Still -- need to make sure everyone gets into survey fine. Look in spam folders if still nothing in inbox.
    Last detail spec we are working up (we -- heh heh -- should say Bird) is setting the cutoff time for changes to picks coincident with race start.
    I also have one outstanding payee who shall remain anonymous for the time being. :D

BigBird likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

you could edit and erase your email from the op if you want....worst case scenario, if available, pm another email address after the 30 minutes or so

3. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Still nothing. Don't have another email for this.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

pm sent

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Chris and 72westie check...now just 3 more

Sent from my smatrfone

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

For Gmail folks, try this so the links don't end up in spam
    1. Log in to your Gmail account.
    2. Click the gear icon in the top right corner; choose Settings.
    3. Choose the Filters tab.
    4. Click Create a new filter.
    5. Enter the “from” address you want to whitelist.
      [email protected]
    6. Click Create filter with this search. ...
    7. At a minimum, check the Never send it to Spam box.
    8. Click Create filter.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

@BigBird Are you able to see the individual links that are sent out? If so, perhaps you could just PM or email them out directly to those unable to receive the email for some reason.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

i am not, well not very easily anyway.

this needs to be more automated going forward, and less on administration side, so we need to get this up and running. Thus far, 19 people have something, so the onus will be on the last 3 to help us figure out what their issues are.

10. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

Just getting back into the real world. Entered preliminary picks.

BigBird likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

got it :)

and then there was two

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I've got it on my radar - picks need to be in before Q1, right?

13. dsapsis

No not before q1 or q2 (at least that's the plan). We think we can leave the survey open right up to race start. We may end up dialing it back to give a buffer because of system uncertainty, but no matter -- make some contingency picks now so we know its working for you.
    thanks.

BigBird likes this.
  14. dsapsis

Gents -- predicated on group agreement, here is what we are proposing regarding the cut-off time for picks this weekend.

The race is slated for 3 pm local Argentina time (-3 hrs GMT). That puts the race at 2 pm east coast daylight (-4 GMT) and 11 am west coast.
    We plan to leave the survey open until that exact hour. However, we dont know exactly how the survey timing operation works, relative to inputs (ie exactly when it cuts off).

So... people can put in picks right up to race start but no later. Should the survey accept inputs after the above times (ie 3 pm local Argentina) AND you submit them, you will be DQ'ed (only the very last submission to the survey is saved and has a timestamp). Take from this that it would be very wise to make picks Saturday after qualifying and submit them. Then, if compelled, use any info related to WUP or pre-grid at your discretion, provided you do not attempt to submit a change after the scheduled race start (11 am west/2 pm east, 3 pm local Argentina).
    This option (setting survey to hour of race start) emulates the old game rules as best we can. Just don't hit submit after that time, because on the off chance it goes though, we would have to presume you had race info that wasn't available to the rest of us (as in the case of a delay like last year).

I will assume that this is good for all players unless you shout out here.
    Good luck. Go Oliveira!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    BigBird and jksoft like this.
  15. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

So what website are using? Or we only doing the eamiled survey

16. dsapsis

Only the email survey. If inclined you can screen capture your last submission, but that will be the one that the two admins (me and Bird) have access to after the race for porting over into the score calculator. We've tested it numerous times with changes and it works to save the last submission sent in prior to the survey ending.

BigBird likes this.
  17. dsapsis

OK. All 22 players are now fixed and paid up. The total kitty is $1100, which by the 80/15/5 percentage breakdown amounts to:
    1st place: $880
    2nd place: $165
    3rd place: $55

Good luck players.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Where would one find this email survey you gentlemen speak of? I'm looking at the Motogoat site now - is that no longer the plan? Apologies for being out of the loop - been crazy busy with work the past couple of weeks.

19. dsapsis

Look for an email from [email protected] in your inbox. Proably came in around 3/25 or thereabouts Title is Moto GP Rankings for Argentina 2019 BBS.
    In it is a link to the survey. Go there. Put your screen name in the top entry field. Drag and drop your picks. Double check them. Hit submit survey.
    Done.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

Can i see my already submitted stuff somewhere?

Or is the best bet to re-submit?