1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bummer: A380 project terminated

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Feb 14, 2019.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Smelled like aspirin?....

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and cat pee.

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Sure it (the aspirin) wasn't the litter?...

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think it was the TB.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Was the TB Asian or European?....

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

In an empty row, grab a pillow and blanket and sleep on the floor. I did that from Chicago to Tokyo. Beats the hell out of trying to sleep in a seat.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm short but even I couldn't find a way to make the seats work for more than 30 minutes.

TZ, Asian TB.

ducnut likes this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've done Atlanta-Joberg a bunch of times. 16 hours going there, 17.5 coming back. Once, I had a 7' tall dude in the center seat next to me. I stood in the galley area the entire flight, 95% unconscious due to the double dose of xanax I took. Wasn't too bad :)

The Seattle-Seoul flight upstairs in front on a 380 was much better, though. I hung out in the bar (only one there) for most of the flight and had 2 cute FA's serving me champagne for hours on end.

I can take just about anything... except economy trans-pac on China Southern or China Eastern. I'll do it, but its painful.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The best (worst?) thing on those return flights from china/ asia/ South America is the nicotine meltdowns. There's always at least one.

10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

:confused:

11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Eurocrats misread the market badly and produced a plane that was 20 years too late for its target market. Then they kept it on life support 5 years after it should’ve been killed to attempt to salvage their pride and some money. It was only a matter of time. These white elephant aerospace projects are all the same. A380, Concorde, space shuttle. Marvelously engineered, but never fulfilled their promise because of stratospheric operating costs.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Meanwhile, in Japan…

14. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else floored by the irony that starts around 3:15 :crackup: