1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newb Question

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by wheelz96, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lots of threads in general about them and power requirements for different things. I'm sure someone will answer here too. I just covered what I know for sure :D

2. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

And I appreciate it man! Looking forward to meeting you at track! While I got you here, I got my registration stuff in the mail from you guys and it looks like I need to fill out a little card saying what race school I attended. Is this something I can just do at track on race day? I will be doing the race school. Also, when am I able to preregister for the 4/20 Tally race?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'll have the riders school instructor fill that part out, then have one of the people in registration/scoring/grids fill out the first race section once you do a sprint.

Pre entry should be open in a few, just about to get on that.

4. wheelz96

Thanks again! Very helpful!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't tell anyone, I'd hate to ruin my rep :D

wheelz96 likes this.
  6. wheelz96

Your secret's safe with me...

7. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

2300 watts will be fine for one set of warmers.

8. wheelz96

Thank you! Is it asking to much to also run a fan with it? Looking at one for a good price but don't want to short myself at track..

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Not sure about the safety of your rep - Kurt came home from RRR and wasn't very demoralized...

:D

10. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

No problem to add a fan and light.

wheelz96 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh, he's just too damned cheerful. And there were donuts.

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

:crackup:- f*#k that made me chuckle...

13. wheelz96

So I was doing some maintenance on the bike this evening and noticed this cut in my front tire. It has 3 sessions only on it from Tally a couple weekends ago. I am going to be replacing it but was wondering what would have caused this and can someone help me with piece of mind and tell me that there is absolutely no way in hell I should run this... It's close to .5" deep
    dunlop tire cut.PNG

14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Don't run it.......throw it away before it throws your bike away.

wheelz96 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looks like it froze.

16. wheelz96

So I bought the tire used but it still had the stickers on it. Are you saying during storage it could have froze? Or are you speculating the speed of which I ride a motorcycle causes the tires to freeze?:crackup:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, during storage they can freeze and crack.

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

IMHO it doesn't look like it froze but I would need to inspect in person to be sure.

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

There are tons of threads discussing the handling/shipping/storage of high performance m/c and car tires including race compound tires on this forum. The simple explanation is if you do not drop or hit a cold tire it will not crack. So when it's below 45 or so you need to be very careful moving them around.

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hoped you'd see this if I responded enough :D

So what's your take on it? Replace and don't run?