1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America Twins Cup Michael Barnes??

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They could be cigars as well although not sure Yokohama is known for being a big tobacco area :D

2. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Serious question. Ducati what? Monster 620?

3. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Monster 797

The chassis is pretty good. With the MA rules, It won’t make “100HP easy” tho.

4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

With 800cc, it will be about torque giving some poke off the corners. Plus Eyetalian bikes always look cool.

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Got my Tix today for Road Atlanta.... Cant wait to see the Twins cup run....

Metalhead and r6boater like this.
  6. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

And to think all that $$$$ and HP used to chase me and my bone stock little Honda RS250 !

5axis likes this.
  7. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I almost went the Moto Corse route for the same reason, all those Duc based specials in FL. But then he stopped returning communication so I made it my mission to beat him for 1/3rd the cost.

Mission accomplished, there is a reason you dont see many of them out there anymore....its called the 565.

Happy to see fresh builds in MotoTwins class, damn SV is 20 yrs old.

8. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

It's still the dominant one too...

9. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

How have you beat him if you haven’t raced yet?

Gino230 likes this.
  10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

We’ve been down this road in other threads. The 565 is cheaper but it’s not 1/3. I doubt it’s even 1/2 the cost.

The reason you don’t see many anymore is because of the state of FL racing, which had nothing to do with the Arms race in LW.

And I can still pull right by the 565’s at Daytona. In October I believe there were 4 of them. Linder beat me on his, he just flat out rode me.... cause he’s Linder!

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Gino it was way cheaper. Buy a 600 boneyard motor. Stick it in and tell everyone it's a 565..... :)

badmoon692008, RRP and 5axis like this.
  12. Gino230

Or it could be double- if You send to Ben Probst and then have to buy a second motor when that one gets sold to someone else.

TX Joose, TurboBlew, G Dawg and 4 others like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

[​IMG]

TurboBlew, stk0308, ekraft84 and 3 others like this.
  14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

No it’s a 580...

wait you have a tool to measure displacement?!?

I’ll take the DQ.

:crackup: - that one never gets old.

TurboBlew, 5axis and sdiver like this.
  15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Sold, stolen, or just MAGICALLY disappeared never to be seen again...

16. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Was that you on the silver Ducati (I think...didn't have much time to look at it when you lapped me lol)? I was in the GT500 class, 2nd wave, so I don't feel too bad for getting lapped by you and the a few other LW guys.

Do you happen to know exactly what Ducati Ray Hoffman was riding? Can't remember if it was Thunderbike or some other LW class, but his pace was miles ahead of the guy in 2nd. I remember seeing a 1:58.0 and the guy in second was running 2:04s. I know Ray's a fast guy, but whatever bike he was on was crazy fast for that class!

17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Ray had a 749 which is legal in 1 class I think? Not sure if that was what he was on?

18. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

That's what it looked like, I just wasn't sure it was was an actual 749 or just the bodywork. The 749s were not really all that impressive though. I'm wondering if his is a 749R...those had a fair bit more power as far as I know.

19. Gino230

Ray has a 749 that is very fast. I’m on the black and red Ducati.

sbk1198 likes this.
  20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

No shit